• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi guys ,Can anyone tell me Is it permissible for rough work that includes underlining statements of questions ,I do that because it helps me understand questions better,So can we do excessive rough work? I mean its not like excessive excessive just like underlining statements or a simple cut when solving an answer here and there.
is it allowed?

Reaction score
Hi guys ,Can anyone tell me Is it permissible for rough work that includes underlining statements of questions ,I do that because it helps me understand questions better,So can we do excessive rough work? I mean its not like excessive excessive just like underlining statements or a simple cut when solving an answer here and there.
is it allowed?
Hey
I do the same.I've never been told that it's a bad thing so it's alright.

Reaction score
help plz
Hydrogen bonding can occur between molecules of methanol, HCHO, and molecules of liquid Y. What could liquid Y be? A. CH3OH B. CH3CHO, C. CH3COCH3 D. CH3CO2CH3

Reaction score
HELP PLZZZZZZ
Which physical properties are due to hydrogen bonding between water molecules?
1 Water has a higher boiling point than H2S
2 Ice floats on water
3 The H-O-H bond angle in water is approximately 104

Reaction score
help plz
Hydrogen bonding can occur between molecules of methanol, HCHO, and molecules of liquid Y. What could liquid Y be? A. CH3OH B. CH3CHO, C. CH3COCH3 D. CH3CO2CH3
Ans is A because hydrogen bonding occurs when hydrogen is bonded to a highly electronegativexperienced atom like N,O,F etc. So only a will fulfill that condition.
HELP PLZZZZZZ
Which physical properties are due to hydrogen bonding between water molecules?
1 Water has a higher boiling point than H2S
2 Ice floats on water
3 The H-O-H bond angle in water is approximately 104
1 and 2 are correct. 3 is wrong.
1 is true as H2O has hydrogen bonding which is stronger than Van der walls forces in H2S so it'll have a higher boiling point.
2 is true as ice forms a widely spaced lattice due to hydrogen bonding making it less dense than water (hence ithe floats).
3 is wrong as bond angles are not related to intermolecular forces.

Reaction score
7. Use of the Data Booklet is relevant for this question. In an experiment, the burning of 1.45g (0.025mol) of propanone was used to heat 100g of water. The initial temperature of the water was 20.0°C and the final temperature of the water was 78.0°C. Which experimental value for the enthalpy change of combustion for propanone can be calculated from these results? A –1304kJ mol–1 B –970kJ mol–1 C –352kJ mol–1 D –24.2kJ mol

Reaction score
X is the oxide of a Period 3 element. X reacts with water to give an acidic solution. A solution is prepared by reacting 0.100g of X with excess water. This solution was neutralised by exactly 25.0cm3 of 0.100moldm–3 sodium hydroxide solution. What could be the identity of X?
A. Al 2O3
B. MgO
C. P4O10
D. SO3

Reaction score
7. Use of the Data Booklet is relevant for this question. In an experiment, the burning of 1.45g (0.025mol) of propanone was used to heat 100g of water. The initial temperature of the water was 20.0°C and the final temperature of the water was 78.0°C. Which experimental value for the enthalpy change of combustion for propanone can be calculated from these results? A –1304kJ mol–1 B –970kJ mol–1 C –352kJ mol–1 D –24.2kJ mol
B?

Reaction score
X is the oxide of a Period 3 element. X reacts with water to give an acidic solution. A solution is prepared by reacting 0.100g of X with excess water. This solution was neutralised by exactly 25.0cm3 of 0.100moldm–3 sodium hydroxide solution. What could be the identity of X?
A. Al 2O3
B. MgO
C. P4O10
D. SO3
D?