• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Electron distribution is usually uniform. At one point, spontaneously, an accumulation happens.
The possibilty of that happening is very less.
So when that accumulation happens, Van der Walls are created. And it increases bp and mp.
If the chance is less, how is it that bp and mp are constant?

awesomaholic101

Don't really make sense to me. Van der waals are the attraction of electron clouds to nucleus of neighboring molecules, what does it have to do with distribution?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, i had to read that thrice to get it coz you know, exam mode and all. :p :cool: Interesting, though.
I am assuming that this should just be another "assumption" we make for ease and for study purposes (for example, not all the weight of an object actually acts at the centre of mass) OR that in a huge number of molecules, some or the other molecules must be having a charge so then that is induced to other molecules.
If you find anything about it, let me know. (y)
Its not really relevant to AL...not a past paper qtn.....so who cares xD
Iris Dylan Lane .....got it?

Reaction score
Atleast my brain thinks..unlike some geniuses who just accept every damn thing ;)
true that ... one of my friend made me asked me to explain some force question and when i marked the weight acting at the centre of the object, she threw a tantrum saying the weight doesn't only act at the centre! and we wasted a complete hour researching and hence we came to know it is a mere assumption.

As if u got the answer 'genius'
Thomas had to get it wrong so many times before he got it right :p and we wont know about gravity if Newton didnt question himself about a falling apple :p

Reaction score
Thomas had to get it wrong so many times before he got it right :p and we wont know about gravity if Newton didnt question himself about a falling apple :p
I wish tht douchebag ddnt qtn himself...our phy books would had been half of what they are now -_____-[/QUOTE]
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that would be applicable for many people actually .. and you say you are a future-engineer!