• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
OH- oxidises to give O2........you must be knowing that metals goes to cathode and non metal to anode......and at anode, oxidation takes place....and according to our E values, less positive have more tendency to get oxidised...
My friend you said it , " less positive have more tendency to get oxidised... "
So its oxygen which will be at anode ( less positive E value ) NOT Br .. :LOL:

Reaction score
in 4e u can join the amino acids in any order but there should be 3 amino acids present and 2 peptide bonds present
hmmm we use only dilute HNO3 when theres reaction with a phenol and H2SO4 and HNO3 when theres benzene or whtever got it?
Thanks a lot!what if there is a methyl group at position 1 and OH at position 4 in benzene ring what will I use for nitration?
Reminder for the alpha helix structure( plz a simpler one)
Thanks

Reaction score
Ahhhh...what did i do up there......sorry....i,myself got pretty confused ....let me think....:p

Reaction score
BY1W0k.png

Please Help me !!!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!what if there is a methyl group at position 1 and OH at position 4 in benzene ring what will I use for nitration?
Reminder for the alpha helix structure( plz a simpler one)
Thanks
no matter wht else is present as far as ik if OH is present then for nitration u use dilute HNO3
yh i posted tht n u saw it also :p

Reaction score
Its , Cl2 + KI ---> KCl + I2
Oxidation state of element is zero .. and in KI oxidation state of iodine is -1 ... therefore it changes from -1 to 0 ( increase in oxidation state ) which is oxidation
Thanks :) and If you don't matter can you explain this one too ! :)
2yqqaz.png

Reaction score
My friend, i tried doing it using the E values......but, i did not match with what we have actually studied...but on our coursebook, an list of increasing ease of oxidation of elements are given...see that...it will help you