• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY PAPER 5 REVISION

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i am from singapore taking the singapore-based a-levels set by CIE too (different subject code) . is it possible to obtain from any of you the nov 2012 chemistry 9701 paper 2 and paper 4 qn paper (whether is paper 21/22/23 or 41/42/43 is ok) that u hve just sit for last wk? mine is nxt wk so just want to take a look at your papers.
Sorry, the papers are only released after the results..so not possible!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to draw construction lines?please be quich anyone who know...!!!

Reaction score
anyone has already did may june 2015 chemistry p52?

i need help for question (b) part (i).....

Reaction score
anyone has already did may june 2015 chemistry p52?

i need help for question (b) part (i).....
I guess I might as well answer it here, but you should post any questions later in the post your doubts section rather than in inactive threads. Chemistry p5 is tomorrow anyways, so I guess there's no point...

What do you mean by b)i? I will be assuming its 1b)i, as the one in question 2 is fairly straightforward.

To be honest this question isn't really too hard either. From the 5 marks you need to firstly be able to measure the current supplied by the power source, therefore you draw an ammeter in series with the power source. If you know how to draw an electrolytic cell then the next mark will be easy as well, just make sure you label the cathode and anode, and that the hydrogen is released at the cathode, and the carbon dioxide and ethene in the other electrode. The third mark you should draw some kind of a tube over both electrodes, like the ones in the standard hydrogen electrodes. Then draw a delivery tubing which leads to a water trough and measuring cylinder/gas syringe. Repeat this for both electrodes except for the anode, you need to draw a rectangular apparatus containing sodium hydroxide which will react with the carbon dioxide. Finally for securities sake you should label everything used including the volume of the measuring apparatus. That should give you full marks.

Reaction score
Check this out, or maybe you've already did

Attachments

• Chemistry Paper 5 Tips.pdf
    773.4 KB · Views: 43
  • cie-a2-chemistry-9701-practical-znotes.pdf
    921.7 KB · Views: 29