• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry : P1 and P2 doubts only (Only AS allowed)

Reaction score
here's a thought... for revision purposes let's post the most difficult inorganic reactions.... but only the reactants and then the others can complete those reactions... plz do this!

Reaction score
Lamest Question of CIE

Q. WHy mendeleev didnt include helium, neon and argon in periodic table?
Ans. B/c they werent dicovered at that time.. :D i mean seriusly..

Honestly! I wrote a paragraph about them being close to ideal gas behaviour LOL

Reaction score
Lamest Question of CIE

Q. WHy mendeleev didnt include helium, neon and argon in periodic table?
Ans. B/c they werent dicovered at that time.. :D i mean seriusly..

actually they gave that question by mistake. so all answers given by candidates were accepted. that was the most comman reason so.. :D

Reaction score
hey every one , all salam alaykum. I have a question what would be produced if a carbon in an alkene involved in the double bon was also bonded to a hydrogen AND a bromine or any halogen and then it was treated with cold dilute manganate ion AND hot concentrated manganate ions ?? Would such a thing be tested in exams 0.o?
i don't think that they will ask this but this seems like a competition between weak and strong oxidising agent so i think that hot concentrated will give the reaction.... anyone confirm?

Reaction score
CAN SOMEONE explain Kp to me please?​
Like​
2 moles of X was heated to a temperature of 2000°C until equilibrium was established under a total pressure of 8 x 107 Nm-2. At equilibrium, X was​
found to have undergone 20% dissociation. Calculate Kp.​
X(g) D Y(g) + 2 Z(g)​
I don't have the answer.. btw​

Reaction score
Kp = P(y)(P(z))^2/P(x)

Pressure of any gas can be found by : moles of that gas/total moles x total pressure