• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry MCQ thread...

Reaction score

Acoording to me the ans is 1&2 as the volume of the container decreases the gas volume is no longer negligible to the volume of the container ans as the gas molecules start coming closer to each other emf builds up the gas no longer behaves ideally.when emf builds up the change in state of matter takes place so it liquifies

hope my explaination satisfies the answer

Reaction score
hi,can anyone help with this question?
The formula CH3 can represent an anion, a cation or a free radical. Species with the molecular
formula CH3 can act as an electrophile, a free radical or a nucleophile depending on the number
of outer shell electrons on the central carbon atom.
How many outer shell electrons must be present for CH3 to act in these different ways?

A 6 7 8
B 6 8 7
C 7 6 8
D 8 7 6

Reaction score
hi,can anyone help with this question?
20 The formula CH3 can represent an anion, a cation or a free radical. Species with the molecular
formula CH3 can act as an electrophile, a free radical or a nucleophile depending on the number
of outer shell electrons on the central carbon atom.
How many outer shell electrons must be present for CH3 to act in these different ways?
CH3 as an CH3 as a CH3 as a
electrophile free radical nucleophile

A 6 7 8
B 6 8 7
C 7 6 8
D 8 7 6

I neeeeed the answer to this!! Does anyone know which year this is from?

Reaction score
H3C
C

1. 28 Carvone gives the characteristic flavour to caraway and spearmint. O
page10image4888

CH3

Prolonged heating of carvone with hot concentrated acidified potassium manganate(VII) produces carbon dioxide and a compound X.

X contains nine carbon atoms and reacts with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine reagent.
What is the maximum number of molecules of 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine that will react with one

molecule of X? A1B2C3D4

page10image6888
page10image6972
page10image7056
page10image7140
page10image7224
page10image7308

CH2 carvone

Reaction score
i bewlive u meant nuclei
Q21, HELP!

Q 39: It's nucleophillic addition, since halogenoalkane is being hydrolyzed to alcohol, so 1 is right. X to Z does represent the activation energy, so 3 is right, which means that 2 has to be right aswell, so it's A.

(I'm guessing that since the C-Hal bond is breaking, so as it's length increases, the bond gets weaker and is eventually broken! :Search: )
ophilic substitution right

Reaction score
[C₂H₅OH] | [CH₃COOH] | [CH₃COOC₂H₅] | [H₂O]
I 1.0 | 1.0 | 0 | 0
C -x | -x | +x | +x
E 1.0-x | 1.0-x | x |x

Kc = [CH₃COOC₂H₅] [H2O]/ [C₂H₅OH] * [CH₃COOH]
4=x^2 / (1-x)^2
2=x/(1-x)
X=2/3
So the answer is B

Reaction score
Glycol, used in anti-freeze, has the formula HOCH2CH2OH. It can be oxidised to give a number of
products.

What is the molecular formula of an oxidation product of glycol that will not react with sodium?

A C2H2O2 B C2H2O3 C C2H2O4 D C2H4O2

Reaction score
1 is endothermic so higher temperature will favour forward reaction. NF2 has more moles hence more volume so mercury level will rise.
2 is exothermic so higher temperature will favour backward reaction. Same number of moles so level falls as volume of R is more.
3 is nitrogen in both so level will fall again as volume of R is more.

Reaction score
1 is endothermic so higher temperature will favour forward reaction. NF2 has more moles hence more volume so mercury level will rise.
2 is exothermic so higher temperature will favour backward reaction. Same number of moles so level falls as volume of R is more.
3 is nitrogen in both so level will fall again as volume of R is more.
thnks a lot