• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Doubts: IGCSE Paper 3

Reaction score
Got a small question, I realize paper 3 includes EVERYTHING, but do we have to know the tests and what not.. or were those for only p6?

Reaction score
2NaCl + Pb(NO3) 2-----> 2Na(NO3) + PbCl2
for this you need to knw the reactivity series of metals
Please ( potassium)
Stop (Sodium)
Calling (Calcium)
My (Magnesium)
African (Aluminum)
Cool (Carbon)
Zebra (Zinc)
In (Iron)
Latin, (Lead)
History (Hydrogen)
Class (Copper)
She (Silver)
Grunts (Gold)
People (Platinum)
(double displacement will occur)So since Na is more reactive than lead so it will displace it .
And in precipitation methode,, soluble salt+soluble salt= insoulabe salt(PbCl2) + soluble 2Na(NO3) . P.S I hope this is correct lol

Reaction score
can someone plz quickly describe in outline the processes of extracting iron and steel!plz plz...just quick summary of important points!

Reaction score
2NaCl + Pb(NO3)2-----> 2Na(NO3) + PbCl2
for this you need to knw the reactivity series of metals
Please ( potassium)
Stop (Sodium)
Calling (Calcium)
My (Magnesium)
African (Aluminum)
Cool (Carbon)
Zebra (Zinc)
In (Iron)
Latin, (Lead)
History (Hydrogen)
Class (Copper)
She (Silver)
Grunts (Gold)
People (Platinum)
(double displacement will occur)So since Na is more reactive than lead so it will displace it .
And in precipitation methode,, soluble salt+soluble salt= insoulabe salt(PbCl2) + soluble 2Na(NO3) . P.S I hope this is correct lol
lol hahaha i thought i was the only one :p
please
stop
calling
my
aunt
carol
zine
inanimate
things
honey
comb
sugar
gooey
plop

Reaction score
can someone plz quickly describe in outline the processes of extracting iron and steel!plz plz...just quick summary of important points!
Hi,
i will make it in bulllet points:
- first u need to add limestone and hematite and coke
- the coke burns and provides heat for the reaction and releases CO2
- the CO2 reacts with more carbon to get carbon monoxide
- carbon monoxide reduces the iron oxide to pig iron
-limestone decomposes to CaO which neutralises the acidic impurities especially silicon oxide
- This forms slag this is less dense than iron and so it floats on top of it preventing iron from oxidation.

To make steel from pig iron:
first add oxygen to oxide carbon to carbon dioxide and monoxide which escape and also it oxide silicon to silicon oxide and then u add CaO which neutralizes the silcon oxide and then the steel can be extracted.
* make sure that u dont remove all of the carbon as this will cause the iron to oxidise back to iron oxide.

Reaction score
Hi,
i will make it in bulllet points:
- first u need to add limestone and hematite and coke
- the coke burns and provides heat for the reaction and releases CO2
- the CO2 reacts with more carbon to get carbon monoxide
- carbon monoxide reduces the iron oxide to pig iron
-limestone decomposes to CaO which neutralises the acidic impurities especially silicon oxide
- This forms slag this is less dense than iron and so it floats on top of it preventing iron from oxidation.

To make steel from pig iron:
first add oxygen to oxide carbon to carbon dioxide and monoxide which escape and also it oxide silicon to silicon oxide and then u add CaO which neutralizes the silcon oxide and then the steel can be extracted.
* make sure that u dont remove all of the carbon as this will cause the iron to oxidise back to iron oxide.
thnx bro...YOU ARE A HERO!

Reaction score
lol hahaha i thought i was the only one :p
please
stop
calling
my
aunt
carol
zine
inanimate
things
honey
comb
sugar
gooey
plop
Kittens (potassium
Not (sodium)
Little (lithium)
Cats (calcium)
Make (magnesium)
A (aluminum)
Cheap (carbon)
Zoo (zinc)
For ( iron)
Poor ( lead)
Hungry (hydrogen)
Children ( copper)

Reaction score
explain mentioning both rate and yield why contact process temp is 450 degree celsius?? plzz sumbodyy helpp here!! :p

Reaction score
explain mentioning both rate and yield why contact process temp is 450 degree celsius?? plzz sumbodyy helpp here!! :p
hi,
450 degree Celsius is used because it is a compromise i.e it makes sure that the rate stays as fast as possible without causing the equilibrium position to move to the endothermic direction which is the backward reaction causing a decrease in the yield.
I hope i helped, if u need anything just post here :D