• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry atp

Reaction score
The question was different. In M/j 15 it said, what is the colour , BEFORE P is ADDED ________ and At end Point ___________

Before P ( potassium Mang.) is added the solution cant be colourless. It would be the natural colour of Fe2SO4 (green salt)

Before P is added, its green.When P is added it becomes colourless but when excess it becomes purple.

Anyways, I cant say for sure. Need to see MS when it comes out :p
The same question i have posted, and the marking scheme says that colorless to pink is also acceptable (although i also wrote green to purple :p)

Reaction score
The question was different. In M/j 15 it said, what is the colour , BEFORE P is ADDED ________ and At end Point ___________

Before P ( potassium Mang.) is added the solution cant be colourless. It would be the natural colour of Fe2SO4 (green salt)

Before P is added, its green.When P is added it becomes colourless but when excess it becomes purple.

Anyways, I cant say for sure. Need to see MS when it comes out :p
From ________ to ___________ implies the same. When G(KMnO4) is not added, that is the natural colour of the Fe2SO4(green), and when it is added the colour become pink/purple. The essentials are the same. Theoretically, if the other marking scheme says that green/colourless to pink/purple, the same applies here.

Reaction score
The same question i have posted, and the marking scheme says that colorless to pink is also acceptable (although i also wrote green to purple :p)
Not the same question, that question has two possible answer Green/colourless because it says before end point, BEFORE end point can be before adding Pot. Man(green) or after adding pot. mang. (colourless) SO TWO POSSIBLE ANSWER.

But this time, they indicated clearly, before ADDING Pot. Mang. so it must be green. Before adding Pot. MAnganate how can the colour be colourless ? Only after adding pot. mang, colour turns colourless

Reaction score
From ________ to ___________ implies the same. When G(KMnO4) is not added, that is the natural colour of the Fe2SO4(green), and when it is added the colour become pink/purple. The essentials are the same. Theoretically, if the other marking scheme says that green/colourless to pink/purple, the same applies here.

Reaction score
If we wrote our answers to more than 3 sf..will we lose marks , because the examiner report says that answers should be given to minimum of 3 sf.

Reaction score
If you want to learn from the comfort of your own home, I am available to teach IGCSE/Olevels subjects online via Skype ...

Subjects :
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
English
Urdu
Pakistan studies
Economics

I've got lots of helpful resources and study tips to help you ace your IGCSE exams. My working hours are also quite flexible.

Did you know the best way to learn is by having a student teach you? That's because they can understand you better because they had the same exact confusions once. That's why group studying works so well!

If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me.