• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry atp

Reaction score
The one where you had to subtract the initial mass from the final mass. At the initial stages of the titration thing.

Reaction score
A
I made a mistake on the first part of the titration, I calculated the average volume wrong, I lost one mark there. Because of that my whole titration could be wrong, so will there be an Error Carried forward(e.c.f)?
Are you from Bangladesh or Pakistan bro ? And yes there is ECF applicable, you will get all the marks for the next questions if you do those right using the wrong value

Reaction score
what was the colour change? green to purple?
Its green to purple, I wrote red brown at first then wrote green. I was confused when only 2-3 students wrote this answer and all my friends wrote colourless to purple.

For graph, one was 0.x and another was 8.x forgot exact values

Reaction score
Do you mean C2H5OH for X and C4H9OH for Z? I wrote the same thing.
sorry you got it wrong. Your answers are correct but you swapped them. C4H9OH was for X and C2H5OH for Z. Because smaller alcohol molecules give a larger temp rise.

Reaction score
sorry you got it wrong. Your answers are correct but you swapped them. C4H9OH was for X and C2H5OH for Z. Because smaller alcohol molecules give a larger temp rise.
Sorry bro, FayadC got it right. As number of C atoms increase the energy released per mole increases.

Reaction score
Sorry bro, FayadC got it right. As number of C atoms increase the energy released per mole increases.
Yup, you're right. So the one with lower temp. rise was the one with lower Carbon number right? And did it matter if we wrote the formula as e.g C4H9OH or C4H10O?

Reaction score
No. The question didn't require us to write the formula. If you had written Ethanol and Butanol instead ,it would be fine too..

Reaction score
Also, about the colour change, one of my most 'intelligent' friend claims that Green to purple was indeed the correct answer but colourless to purple/pink/(Shades of purple for KMnO4) were acceptable as well. Can anyone verify that?

Reaction score
Also, about the colour change, one of my most 'intelligent' friend claims that Green to purple was indeed the correct answer but colourless to purple/pink/(Shades of purple for KMnO4) were acceptable as well. Can anyone verify that?
in one of the previous papers, a same question had been asked. So in the marking scheme both were regarded as acceptable in that case; so hope for the best that this time they also include this option. :)

Reaction score
The question was different. In M/j 15 it said, what is the colour , BEFORE P is ADDED ________ and At end Point ___________

Before P ( potassium Mang.) is added the solution cant be colourless. It would be the natural colour of Fe2SO4 (green salt)

Before P is added, its green.When P is added it becomes colourless but when excess it becomes purple.

Anyways, I cant say for sure. Need to see MS when it comes out :p