• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry 34

Reaction score
so how did ur ppr went?

My mind wasn't at ease but I hope I did Ok.

Before the practical, they told us to go to the toilet and I slipped and fell there :(. Wasn't hurt but got quite dirty and my socks were drenched. I could not concentrate properly after that.

I slipped again near the testube rack after salt analysis and broke 3 test tubes and spilt some stuff on my question paper. Nothing much as it was mostly colourless. They made me sign something saying that I broke it at the end:(. What about you guys? Will I lose marks for breaking things?

I was a bit stressed and nervous, but I think I did it ok

Reaction score

Before the practical, they told us to go to the toilet and I slipped and fell there :(. Wasn't hurt but got quite dirty and my socks were drenched. I could not concentrate properly after that.

I slipped again near the testube rack after salt analysis and broke 3 test tubes and spilt some stuff on my question paper. Nothing much as it was mostly colourless. They made me sign something saying that I broke it at the end:(.
lol...jst pray for the best

Reaction score
lol...jst pray for the best

How did it go for you?

I think I did ok despite this, I just did calculations like a robot though as I couldn't concentrate but got similar answers to others. The liquid was on cover and blank page behind.

Do you lose marks for breaking things, how did it go for you?

Reaction score
How did it go for you?

I think I did ok despite this, I just did calculations like a robot though as I couldn't concentrate but got similar answers to others. The liquid was on cover and blank page behind.

Do you lose marks for breaking things, how did it go for you?
Don't worry, love. I think what you signed was for the school records, not for the examination.
I doubt they cut marks for breaking. They are letting hormone-raged teenagers work with glass wares, how do they expect us to score if they cut our marks for breaking stuff?
Relax, girl :)

Reaction score
Don't worry, love. I think what you signed was for the school records, not for the examination.
I doubt they cut marks for breaking. They are letting hormone-raged teenagers work with glass wares, how do they expect us to score if they cut our marks for breaking stuff?
Relax, girl :)

I hope so, but there are marks for tidiness of question paper I think so spillage might be a problem.

Also I cannot be sure about calculations, my mind wasn't at ease. Its really hard thinking about the question paper when you are drenched with toilet water and feeling dirty.:( I was also very embarrassed. Worst situation during an exam I ever had. Still I think I did well enough. Might have some silly calculation errors but my answers matched.

Reaction score

I slipped again near the testube rack after salt analysis and broke 3 test tubes and spilt some stuff on my question paper. Nothing much as it was mostly colourless. They made me sign something saying that I broke it at the end:(. What about you guys? Will I lose marks for breaking things?

I was a bit stressed and nervous, but I think I did it ok

I hope so, but there are marks for tidiness of question paper I think so spillage might be a problem.

Also I cannot be sure about calculations, my mind wasn't at ease. Its really hard thinking about the question paper when you are drenched with toilet water and feeling dirty.:( I was also very embarrassed. Worst situation during an exam I ever had. Still I think I did well enough. Might have some silly calculation errors but my answers matched.

Also for the last question, My boiling tube broke with the heat and I kept the 2 pieces behind something in the lab. I didn't tell supervisor and did not sign for this. Can I get in trouble for this?

Reaction score

I had slight spillage myself. I doubt they could cut much for that.
Honestly, I think you should give yourself a pat and be proud for doing what you did. It takes a strong person to not completely break down. It was a bad day, but remember the results day wouldn't be as such. You are gonna score great as long as you got the answers right. They can't cut marks just like that for spillage.
Don't worry, love. Think ahead. You can't do much about what happened anyways.

Reaction score
I had slight spillage myself. I doubt they could cut much for that.
Honestly, I think you should give yourself a pat and be proud for doing what you did. It takes a strong person to not completely break down. It was a bad day, but remember the results day wouldn't be as such. You are gonna score great as long as you got the answers right. They can't cut marks just like that for spillage.
Don't worry, love. Think ahead. You can't do much about what happened anyways.

Did you test all the gases? For the magnesium ribbon and the add nitric acid parts?

Reaction score
Nope. Not all. I had time shortage so I really rushed the last question.

Me too. My feet were really paining from all the standing and the floor near my legs at this center was broken and uneven with crushed gravel kind of material near my seat and I was wearing rather high heels! Really hard to stand there in those shoes and I might have fallen because of that as well. Next time I'm not going for a practical in unknown center like that.

Reaction score
Hey my went okay. Can you guys tell me which answer did you write cation and anion?
And there was a part in the titration question where they say to use the formula (i) - (ii). My answer was coming in negative. Anyone else?

Reaction score
Hey my went okay. Can you guys tell me which answer did you write cation and anion?
And there was a part in the titration question where they say to use the formula (i) - (ii). My answer was coming in negative. Anyone else?

No definitely positive for me and logically it has to be positive, you made a calculation mistake. and this value is used in other parts.

Reaction score
Copper Lead and Carbonate ...
Same but there one cation and one anion in each test tube which mean 2 cation and 2 anion.. My was copper lead carbonate and sulphate.
Acha what was your average volume used in titration if you can remember? I want to be sure!

Reaction score
Same but there one cation and one anion in each test tube which mean 2 cation and 2 anion.. My was copper lead carbonate and sulphate.
Acha what was your average volume used in titration if you can remember? I want to be sure!

33.20 I think you?

Reaction score
Shit mine came around 16! I am screwed!

No it depends on center at each center there is a supervisor doing experiment your value should be close to his. And mine may be wrong too. I was in a very bad state as described in above post. I did the questions without fully reading and understanding just followed procedure from memory quickly.

Reaction score
No it depends on center at each center there is a supervisor doing experiment your value should be close to his. And mine may be wrong too. I was in a very bad state as described in above post.
Oh really then most of student in my center got a negative answer in (i) - (ii). I know shouldn't be negative but it was. -.-