• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM UNIT 2!

Reaction score
can some plz solve Q21 b(i) Jan 2013 - chemistry
I just want the first bit ( the equation between KI with NaClO and HCL )
Thank u :)

Attachments

• 6CH02_01_que_20130116.pdf
    453.6 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Jan 2012 Question 20) Last part: How to calculate volume in original disinfectant?

Reaction score
Jan 2012 Question 20) Last part: How to calculate volume in original disinfectant?
multiply no. of mols of cl2 calculated in part3 by 25 to get da total no. of mols in the 250cm3 diluted solution. this no. is equal to the no. of mols in 10cm3 ( the original vol. of disinfectant). concentration of the original disinfectant in mols/dm3= mols*1000/10.....
hope u got it... if not den dont hesitate to ask.:)

Reaction score
can some plz solve Q21 b(i) Jan 2013 - chemistry
I just want the first bit ( the equation between KI with NaClO and HCL )
Thank u :)

its a simple hit and trial method... balance the L.h.S wrt da R.H.S and simply add e. in the reduction equation and subtract in the oxidation reaction.

Reaction score
multiply no. of mols of cl2 calculated in part3 by 25 to get da total no. of mols in the 250cm3 diluted solution. this no. is equal to the no. of mols in 10cm3 ( the original vol. of disinfectant). concentration of the original disinfectant in mols/dm3= mols*1000/10.....
hope u got it... if not den dont hesitate to ask.:)

Thnx

Reaction score
its a simple hit and trial method... balance the L.h.S wrt da R.H.S and simply add e. in the reduction equation and subtract in the oxidation reaction.

So u dont need to write up the whole equation and then write each compound into its ions and cancel the spectator ions ??
If it is what u wrote ,then its pretty simple Thank You :) :)

Reaction score
So u dont need to write up the whole equation and then write each compound into its ions and cancel the spectator ions ??
If it is what u wrote ,then its pretty simple Thank You :) :)

yup dude..... these vr separate ionic eq.s thats y u just use hit n trial method...when u have to combine them into one eq. den u have to balance the electons in both the eq.s which will obviously cancel ot n u will get ur main redox eq.

Reaction score
today my chem. over although still unprepared....2morow ill strt bio...:)so plz add me in threads fr bio.. btw who is going to appear in bio as well