• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can somebody please grade my writing? Guidance + tips + suggestions would be great :)

Reaction score
I have a question...In the free composition part.How can you figure out whether you're supposed to write an argumentative composition or a discursive one?

Reaction score
1 Describe a time when you prefer to be alone and a time when you like to be part of a crowd.
(Remember that you are describing the atmosphere and your feelings, not telling a story.)
Descriptive

2 What are the advantages and disadvantages of attending either a small school with few students
or a large school with many students?
Opinion... i guess....

3 Write a story which includes the sentence: ‘As we entered the building, the other people smiled as
if they knew something we did not.’
Ofcourse, story

4 Bullies.
Expository, or any way u lyk

5 Write a story about someone who returned to a village or town after a long time away. (You should
include full details of why the person went away to show that it is an important part of your story.)
Story

Now tell what is the problem

lyk the topic
Discuss the qualities you would look for in ideal friend.... its discursive

Reaction score
At times...they write a statement and ask do you agree????Or what are your views??Or what do you think????That's what i don't understand.

its if u can give factual examples it would be argumentative.... sometymes its opinion when the topic just needs ur views not factual examples....

Reaction score
Oh i c..thanx!And, in formal reports..there was a question in directed writing(2001 may variant 22).It was asking for the believe of the local people about the presence of a beast..asre we simply supposed to list them like it is done in the MARKING SCHEME..or are we supposed to explain each??

Reaction score
Oh i c..thanx!And, in formal reports..there was a question in directed writing(2001 may variant 22).It was asking for the believe of the local people about the presence of a beast..asre we simply supposed to list them like it is done in the MARKING SCHEME..or are we supposed to explain each??
it would be better if you just go for writing 2-3 lines about each...

Reaction score
Can you please grade this writing, I want to see whether or not am I capable of getting an A in English. This is a past paper topic 'School Assemblies' and from what I gathered, it can be made into a story and that's what I did.

School Assemblies
Here is one way to put it, school assemblies are just tedious. You stand for about an hour, stare at a student or teacher speak something which concerns us but does not entertain us. Monotonous speeches about regularly dictated school rules repeated because one obstinate person decides to go around them and do something utterly ridiculous.
Even now, as I stand here listening to our principal go on and on about a tenth grader who stepped over a wall during school hours and spend the whole day lollygagging with street boys whilst her parents at school resolved on pressing charges against the irresponsible school authority, I sense the same monotony and sigh. It’s like there is no end to it when all of a sudden, a student from the seniors queue threw a shoe right at the principal in a fit of rage of some sort. The shoe hit her face front and put an abrupt end to her continuous blabber.
A pin drop silence befalls the whole assembly hall, no one daring to laugh or even move as the principal’s blood shot eyes roam the hall in search of the culprit. The shoe had messed up her front hair and smudged her smothered lipstick, making her look like an exact replica of the monster which used to come in my nightmares and haunt the living daylights out of me. Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined a student showing such a level of disrespect to a principal, much less a teacher. Though I must admit that I myself have wished to do the same thing to her because of her unprofessional attitude towards the student body as a whole.

“Which one of you dared throw a shoe at me?” Her voice resonated in the hall making my blood run cold. Her words deadly low and full of anger. I scanned the room in search of the student who had a death wish to give her a good pat on the back for her bravery and best wishes for I am sure she will be awarded with great punishments.
“Students! You may all leave the hall in order and the one who threw the shoe, please come to my office herself.” The council headmistress said as she motioned the peon to bring our beloved principal a glass of water and a tissue.
While walking to my classroom, the only thought in mind was the beauty of today’s assembly. It was something that I appreciated and am looking forward to in the future. Time and again, such eventful school assemblies should be held. They act like a palate cleanser in a four course savory meal. Complete annihilation of boredom is required to boost up the creativity and imagination of the students and to do that, no time is better than early morning during school assemblies.

Reaction score
Can you please grade this writing, I want to see whether or not am I capable of getting an A in English. This is a past paper topic 'School Assemblies' and from what I gathered, it can be made into a story and that's what I did.

School Assemblies
Here is one way to put it, school assemblies are just tedious. You stand for about an hour, stare at a student or teacher speak something which concerns us but does not entertain us. Monotonous speeches about regularly dictated school rules repeated because one obstinate person decides to go around them and do something utterly ridiculous.
Even now, as I stand here listening to our principal go on and on about a tenth grader who stepped over a wall during school hours and spend the whole day lollygagging with street boys whilst her parents at school resolved on pressing charges against the irresponsible school authority, I sense the same monotony and sigh. It’s like there is no end to it when all of a sudden, a student from the seniors queue threw a shoe right at the principal in a fit of rage of some sort. The shoe hit her face front and put an abrupt end to her continuous blabber.
A pin drop silence befalls the whole assembly hall, no one daring to laugh or even move as the principal’s blood shot eyes roam the hall in search of the culprit. The shoe had messed up her front hair and smudged her smothered lipstick, making her look like an exact replica of the monster which used to come in my nightmares and haunt the living daylights out of me. Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined a student showing such a level of disrespect to a principal, much less a teacher. Though I must admit that I myself have wished to do the same thing to her because of her unprofessional attitude towards the student body as a whole.

“Which one of you dared throw a shoe at me?” Her voice resonated in the hall making my blood run cold. Her words deadly low and full of anger. I scanned the room in search of the student who had a death wish to give her a good pat on the back for her bravery and best wishes for I am sure she will be awarded with great punishments.
“Students! You may all leave the hall in order and the one who threw the shoe, please come to my office herself.” The council headmistress said as she motioned the peon to bring our beloved principal a glass of water and a tissue.
While walking to my classroom, the only thought in mind was the beauty of today’s assembly. It was something that I appreciated and am looking forward to in the future. Time and again, such eventful school assemblies should be held. They act like a palate cleanser in a four course savory meal. Complete annihilation of boredom is required to boost up the creativity and imagination of the students and to do that, no time is better than early morning during school assemblies.

Its a mixture lyk first u defining the topic then u started a story.... well when we get these types of one word topic its best to just go for exposition. Its a kind of informal essay or i felt so... you would score a B or A in thz not more than that...

Reaction score
Thank you for reading and commenting on it :)
Though can you please explain to me what exactly are expository essay?

Reaction score
Thank you for reading and commenting on it :)
Though can you please explain to me what exactly are expository essay?
exposition is a general view on a topic.... giving factual description.... not telling a story just giving a general view... with facts or examples...

Reaction score
I would give it an 14/15 for Content, 13/15 for Lannguage, 12/15 for Vocabulary. You have made some spelling mistakes but I really appreciate your effort. I like your style of writing. Looks like you read blogs, online articles and stuff which is reflecting your writing skills.
Read more books though.(I can give you a list for holidays IF you want) All in all, you deserve an A. Working a little harder can get you an A* because I see you reaching that level.
Hope you don't mind anything. You asked for it, so I felt like "WTH just do it Moona" :p
P.S. I'm not perfect either.I know :)

Oh can i please have the list of books or blogs or whatever to read. i really need essays of all types to read to get an idea of essay writing. Moreover, i will be giving exams O lvls english in oct/nov. Any tips i am really empty here can't figure out where to start and tips as well. Thanks!