• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies IGCSE

Reaction score
Can someone please help me on paper 2? especially the 12 mark questions! even after looking at the mark scheme i dont know how to answer them... my teachers dont even know what they are doing... i dont want any notes just want help on the exam technique.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Bro even i need the same guideline
cool! you wanna treat for it?
If you are going to post something, please post something useful. I also found a method of answering 12 mark questions; our answer lied in the mark scheme all this time (just got to read it properly)!

Reaction score
its not that hard ...................... you first have to define the subject(the thing they've asked you) then give at least 2 advantages and disadvantages with application

in the recommendation section compare them and justify why you chose one over the other

Reaction score
its not that hard ...................... you first have to define the subject(the thing they've asked you) then give at least 2 advantages and disadvantages with application

in the recommendation section compare them and justify why you chose one over the other

I understand every part, but the recommendation. What do we compare them by? In terms of what? Also, what do you say for your justification (again, in terms of what?)?
Through solving past papers - I mark it myself - theoretically I am getting 10 out of 12 because I do everything you said, but I am not sure about my recommendation part.

Reaction score
your answer should be leaning more to the scenario which is above ( for instance if the workers in the scenario are not motivated than you may have to consider the option which motivates them like if you have to compare autocratic leader with democratic you will recommend democratic as it will make the worker feel as a part of a team which will make them motivated )

Reaction score
your answer should be leaning more to the scenario which is above ( for instance if the workers in the scenario are not motivated than you may have to consider the option which motivates them like if you have to compare autocratic leader with democratic you will recommend democratic as it will make the worker feel as a part of a team which will make them motivated )
so basically, tell which method is most suitable to the case study and how it is most suitable, instead of re-telling the advantages?

Reaction score
can you get a 12/12? or is the max 10/12
your question is like: can i get an A* or the maximum grade is an A? why do you think the maximum mark to achieve is a 10 while it is out of twelve?

Reaction score
your question is like: can i get an A* or the maximum grade is an A? why do you think the maximum mark to achieve is a 10 while it is out of twelve?
thats because i went through a few past papers and bad 3 is 10 marks. Thats why i was confused. Thanks

Reaction score
thats because i went through a few past papers and bad 3 is 10 marks. Thats why i was confused. Thanks
you should have said that before. lol
the 10 marks are for knowledge, analysis and evaluation, while the other two marks are available for application.

Reaction score
you should have said that before. lol
the 10 marks are for knowledge, analysis and evaluation, while the other two marks are available for application.
right.... thanks. my teacher in school kept saying u cant get more than a 10