• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

British Council is jealous of my sweets >:^(

Reaction score
I sleep late so in order to avoid getting lethargic or getting sleepy during the exam, i like to keep some sweets on hand. Today during Biology P4 i had a lollipop in my mouth throughout the exam and the sugar really helped me focus. 1 hour later i am approached by a head examiner saying "Yeh aap acha nai kar rahe". He asked me to either eat it at once or throw it away. This same guy 2 years ago took a pack of mentos off my table without warning and didn't give it back </3. I said fine but didn't throw it. For the next hour he just lingered by my row and gave me awkward glares. This has happened multiple times over the years. They either just take the sweets from my table without asking or pester me about them.
TL;DR what is it with examiners and sweets and why is it such a big deal

Reaction score
I sleep late so in order to avoid getting lethargic or getting sleepy during the exam, i like to keep some sweets on hand. Today during Biology P4 i had a lollipop in my mouth throughout the exam and the sugar really helped me focus. 1 hour later i am approached by a head examiner saying "Yeh aap acha nai kar rahe". He asked me to either eat it at once or throw it away. This same guy 2 years ago took a pack of mentos off my table without warning and didn't give it back </3. I said fine but didn't throw it. For the next hour he just lingered by my row and gave me awkward glares. This has happened multiple times over the years. They either just take the sweets from my table without asking or pester me about them.
Maybe because they think u are eating something suspicious that is illegal. Lmao people need to let the students chill we are already in too much pressure due to exams. We deserve better treatment ugh. Anyways I hope u arent feeling too down. Maybe sleep early and wake up a little late to balance ur sleep because I am sure if u keep taking sweets the examiners r goin to come for u since we all know , nobody is ready to understand us so yeah :)

Reaction score
And finally someone posted about that xD I happened to have a so similar situation xD It was my paper 5 and 2 bio paper day and I'm the type of students who takes loads of subjects and ended up with tones of clashes . So for my bad luck I had a morning session paper followed by two other papers in the afternoon . So I took along a flask of nescafe cuz I needed something to help me to relax and stay awake throughout the all day torture but for some weird reason my supervisor and invigilators found it to be rules violation xD She came up to me saying " I'm sorry what is that ? " and all I had to say is a hot drink like it's the most obvious thing I had to state . She was like I'm sorry but it's an unauthorized item if you want you can walk across the hall , drink but you can't have it around . I didn't really want to go further with this conversation which to me was the silliest of all time but it did really annoy me . My exam is conducted in a hall of examination which have at least 100 students taking the exam , can't even imagine how awkward would it have been walking all the way from my seat to where she is just to take a sip plus will she allow this to happen ? I doubt that . When I thought that was the silliest thing I had to go through , she goes around and take a transparent detox water bottle from a girl cuz only clear water is allowed in there xDDD I mean can we pass our info through drinks ? xD Funny thing my paper five first question was about caffeine xD Like they knew she'll take it away from me xD

Reaction score
But they clearly mention in the rules that food of any sort is unauthorized. Drinks are not allowed either.Only water which is provided inside the exam hall

Reaction score
My friend once sneaked in a packet of lays inside the exam hall, ate it during the time that we have to wait before the exam. He made the invigilators really angry later when he asked one of them 'Where can I find the dustbin?' Since then he is the supplier of bubblegum for our class during exam days.

Reaction score
This invigilator sux!

Reaction score
But they clearly mention in the rules that food of any sort is unauthorized. Drinks are not allowed either.Only water which is provided inside the exam hall
yah n who r u? The food police????? >:^(
jk, i didn't know that. Anyhow it's a retarded rule. Sat allows snacks CIE ko kya masla hai

Reaction score
yah n who r u? The food police????? >:^(
jk, i didn't know that. Anyhow it's a retarded rule. Sat allows snacks CIE ko kya masla hai

Ay,It is sad that we can't have food inside the hall like at least a coffee or candy- basically anything that could keep us energized and awake

Reaction score
Well guys if you really need to eat, tell them you've got diabetes or some sort of problem that requires u to eat
Shouldn't there be a 15 min lunch break in between the paper :p