• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books for AS Level 'Accounting' and 'Economics'

Reaction score
I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I'd really appreciate if you could point me to the right direction about the most informative and common books on these subjects.

If it helps, I'm doing A Levels privately in Karachi and will be joining classes of these respective subjects from January.

Thanks, in advance.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure about the 'best' books for these subjects but I'm currently using "Accounting A Level and As Level" textbook by Harold Randall. (http://www.cambridge.org/us/education/cie/alevel/accounting.html) but it does contain stuff for A2 so if you use it, you have to check the syllabus to see what you don't need to learn. Hope this helps. :)
Thanks man, is this book good for independent study?

What about economics, is there a book similar to the O Level Brian Titley one or should I just buy the CIE approved book that's similar to the accounting one?

Reaction score
Thanks man, is this book good for independent study?

What about economics, is there a book similar to the O Level Brian Titley one or should I just buy the CIE approved book that's similar to the accounting one?

I don't know anything about economics, and I'm not sure about independent study since i have a tutor... it must be really tough with independent study though, so good luck!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you, I'll buy 2 Economics (Bamford and Kamran) books and the Accounts one.

Reaction score
Frank Wood's A-level Accounting is better OR A Level Accounting by Randall, Harold
i am so confused please let me know the best book for A level accounting ASAP which gives better and clear explanation
if any other then that do mentioned the best one only thanks alot!!!

Reaction score
Does any one have the AS Alevel accounting textbook ? 2nd edition By David Hopkins and Horald Randall , thanks