• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*Biology Paper 5 tips*

Reaction score
can nyone make me clear about significance in t-test??? and confidence level???? u can link significance in t test to question no.1 c(ii) may june 2010 variant 53

Attachments

• 9700_s10_qp_53.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
NEED HELP!

I am a bit confused with Degree of Freedom,
When do we use n-1? When do we use (n-1)+(n-1)? Help please guys :)

Reaction score
NEED HELP!

I am a bit confused with Degree of Freedom,
When do we use n-1? When do we use (n-1)+(n-1)? Help please guys :)
when u hav 1 set of sample to experiement then u use (n-1)

if u have more than 1 then u use (n-1)+(n-1)

Basically like if u have to find out if the fur colour is affected by pollution (just as a random example.. not an educated one :p ) then u use (n-1) because it is only one group of rabbits that u are using....

but if u are comparing e.g. the size of leaves of a) leaves growing in shade; and b) leaves exposed to sunlight then u use (n-1)+(n-1) to calculate the degree of freedom for that set of calculations... i hope u get it.... tell me if u don;t :)

Reaction score
when u hav 1 set of sample to experiement then u use (n-1)

if u have more than 1 then u use (n-1)+(n-1)

Basically like if u have to find out if the fur colour is affected by pollution (just as a random example.. not an educated one :p ) then u use (n-1) because it is only one group of rabbits that u are using....

but if u are comparing e.g. the size of leaves of a) leaves growing in shade; and b) leaves exposed to sunlight then u use (n-1)+(n-1) to calculate the degree of freedom for that set of calculations... i hope u get it.... tell me if u don;t :)

Does that mean Chi Squared test is more likely to use (n-1)+(n-1) as it is comparing 2 mean value of 2 sets of data? Umm what about T test? :)

Reaction score
What they mean when they say there isno overlap between datas ? I have come across this many times in many marking schemes