• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 34 MAY/JUNE 2017

Reaction score
So how is prep going for you guys? And tips? Anyone knows what apparatus etc to focus on (if you know what i mean :p )?

Reaction score
Also i wanted to ask....
Is a mechanical pencil allowed in exam? i've heard that it is the best to draw sharp thin lines..(As if you look in recent example candidate responses of 2016, even a slightly more think line leads to a mark lost e.g in graphs, diagrams, charts)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this drawing of cells correct? Or do we have to make nucleus as collection of dots?

Attachments

• IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Are these plan diagrams correct? Please point out any mistakes. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Reaction score
hey what significant figures to use when calculating actual lengths for e.g in O/N/16/33.....Q2 C)i...

Reaction score
hey what significant figures to use when calculating actual lengths for e.g in O/N/16/33.....Q2 C)i...
If two plant cells are touching in a diagram... and no cell wall separation is visible ? we do not separate the cell walls in plan diagram?
Also if nucleus visible seems to be touching cell membrane in animal cell, do we draw just a single line to represent that region?

Reaction score
Untitled.png
Here.. a bunch of cells "image length" measured, then using the scale.. lengths are found.. Do we write in whole numbers??!
Also the mean in next step 1 d.p? Metallic9896 techgeek hey sorry for tagging you guys.. Just wanted to know the answer if you know... i got no teacher to ask to :p

Reaction score
I messed up this question so bad in paper, don't make me cry :cry:
No worries, as long as p2 and p4 were fine! I am giving 34 tomorrow and don't know anything on the "degree of accuracy" required in these type of q's : /