• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
there was a question which of these molecules will condense to form sucrose ? what was the answer ? i was confused but i ended up choosing B
and Q38 about the viral infection and that the primary consumer is removed . i choosed C

Reaction score
there was a question which of these molecules will condense to form sucrose ? what was the answer ? i was confused but i ended up choosing B
and Q38 about the viral infection and that the primary consumer is removed . i choosed C
most of my friends said that the answer for the condensation of sucrose is A

Reaction score
guys may/june p11 was 35/40 :O i think p12 was 33/40... since in october november session its usually lower then i think it will b 32/40 i hope its lower :D now all im waiting for is one exam which is chemistry paper 1 :(

Reaction score
i also chose B for the sucrose condensation question
and C for ecology question.. (y)

Reaction score
guys may/june p11 was 35/40 :O i think p12 was 33/40... since in october november session its usually lower then i think it will b 32/40 i hope its lower :D now all im waiting for is one exam which is chemistry paper 1 :(
Best of luck for ur chemistry paper :)

Reaction score
For the xylem and phloem question what was the correct option?
i know it was a repeated question... but the options were different right?

Reaction score
For the xylem and phloem question what was the correct option?
i know it was a repeated question... but the options were different right?
yeeeeeeah !!!!!!! i choosed D and i looked in the past papers and the answer was C and i can't believe that i made a mistake since it's such a direct question. i don't know if they changed the options or i just did it wrong -.-

Reaction score
An enzyme hydrolyses the two heavy polypeptide chains of an antibody molecule. The hydrolysis
occurs at the hinge region and breaks the antibody into three fragments.
How many of these fragments are able to bind to antigen?
A 0 B 1 C 2 D 3
How does the three fragments formed?

Reaction score
if cholestrol makes cell surface membrane more fluid than what component of membrane reduces its fluidity

Reaction score
pls explain s12 qp12 question 21 and 30
w12 qp11 qs 4 and 17
w10qp13 question 38

June 2012
q12 - Definitely product will increase while substrate decreases. That means B and C are incorrect. D is incorrect because overtime the substrate concentration decreases, and rate of reaction decreases, so it will slow down. A is correct

q21 - You have to have some knowledge of the translation process. There are binding sites for ribosome and amino acids on the tRNA so statement 1 is correct. Yes there is a phosphate sugar backbone on the polynucleotide chain! Statement 3 is wrong because anticodons don't have the same triplet of bases, as U is not present in DNA and T is not found in RNA. B is correct.

q30 - D is correct, because the line should be heading upwards because the more volume of blood in ventricle, the more blood that gets pumped out. As I said before, it cannot be a straight line, because not all blood will get pumped out.

November 2012
q4 - Ribosomes are found everywhere. In mitochondria, chloroplasts, RER, cytoplasm, and in nucleus. A is correct.

q17 - Passive means diffusion or osmosis (anything that doesn't require ATP energy). Facilitated diffusion is correct because if the molecule is polar, then it wouldn't be allowed to go throw the bi layer, as it is hydrophobic. By going through a transport protein, the molecule is ensured it will enter the cell. C is correct.

November 2010
q38 - Most light that reaches plants are reflected off the leaves, and some leaves don't have enough chloroplasts to absorb the light. Only 1% of light energy is ever absorbed by plants. While usually energy transfer is 10% it is not always true. Animals usually eat a lot of plants, so energy that they get increases, which is why it is 80%! decomposers must have lower energy than consumers, so answer is A