• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 1 doubts

Reaction score
Yup, its suppose to be glycolipids.
The only structural difference between glycolipids and phospholipids is the head. In phospholipids, the head is a phosphate group; while in glycolipids, the head is a glucose mol. The tails are lipids in both. The tails could be unsaturated lipid chains, increasing kinks, and thereforre making the membrane more fluid.
Whereas, the cholestrol, just "maintains" the rigidity. Increasing cholestrol, doesnt necessarily mean that the fluidity would increase.

Phospholipids wasnt one of the options, so glycolipid has to be correct.

The role of glycolipids is to act as receptors not membrane fluidity regulators. You can double verify it for yourself in the functions of membrane structures in mary jones. Answer is cholestrol

Reaction score
The role of glycolipids is to act as receptors not membrane fluidity regulators. You can double verify it for yourself in the functions of membrane structures in mary jones. Answer is cholestrol
Yah true, it might not be its main function. But what i said does make sense...
In Mary Jones' book, it doesnt say that cholestrol increases the fluidity either.

It doesn't matter now anyway... Let's just hope for a low curve.
InshAllah we'll all get A's!:)

Reaction score
Yah true, it might not be its main function. But what i said does make sense...
In Mary Jones' book, it doesnt say that cholestrol increases the fluidity either.

It doesn't matter now anyway... Let's just hope for a low curve.
InshAllah we'll all get A's!:)
Exactly we can't change anything now, ISA hope the best for everyone !!! :)

Reaction score
Lol I'm aware of that. I said wasn't the option saying NucleoLUS which is inside the nucleus?
I dont remember all the options.
but the correct one has to be nuclei, because a nucleolus is not visible with a light microscope.

Im sorry if i still havnt answered your question.. :p

Reaction score
it was nuclei not nucleolus....n i ask my teacher n he said the answer was cristae of mitochondria

Reaction score
it was nuclei not nucleolus....n i ask my teacher n he said the answer was cristae of mitochondria
Cristae of the mitochondria cannot be seen witha a light microscope only an electron microscope and the case is the same with grana of chloroplasts and lysosomes.... The nucleoli can be seen with the light microscope

Reaction score
which is a description of amylopectin and glycogen ? all of the statements were correct ryt ?

Reaction score
Now, that we all know how many mistakes we've done... And how hard the paper actually was.. :p
I wouldn't say "hard", but it sure was tricky. :cry:
Have your thoughts about the high grade thresholds changed?
Any reasonable grade thresholds anyone??