• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What are the reducing agents and oxidizing agents? Is potassium permangate a reducing or oxidizing agent???

Reaction score
Does anybody hav a note on chemistry on what we should memorize on...the memorizing things for the exams?..this will be very useful to me and others coz I don't wana memorize the whole book :p

Reaction score
KMnO4 is a strong oxidizing agent
An oxidizing agent (also called an oxidizer ) can be defined as a substance that removes electrons from another reactant in a redox chemical reaction. The oxidizing agent is "reduced" by taking electrons onto itself and the reactant is "oxidized" by having its electrons taken away.
a reducing agent (also called a reductant or reducer) is the element or compound in a reduction-oxidation (redox) reaction that donates an electron to another species; however, since the reducer loses an electron we say it is "oxidized". This means that there must be an "oxidizer"; because if any chemical is an electron donor (reducer), another must be an electron recipient (oxidizer). Thus reducers are "oxidized" and oxidizers are "reduced".

Reaction score
What are the reducing agents and oxidizing agents? Is potassium permangate a reducing or oxidizing agent???

well let me share with you a tip

KMnO4
K2Cr2O7 both are OXIDISING AGENTS...now whats common here...lets see..oh....they both have alot of O atoms....so i used the trick to remember that these two have great amount of O atoms so they just give them away and Reduce themselves and oxidise the other...:D
same is with KI, has no O atoms so its a reducing agent...

Reaction score
beacuse see W=mg
m increases w increases
W=F
F=ma
so F increases a increases
no?

sure , but you skipped the part that you asked:

F/m = a

so when m increases a decreases .
Mass is proportional to accelaration (if Force remains constant ) but is certainly not dependent on it .
Dependence would mean that a specific mass produces only a specific accelaration. Which is totally wrong.

So the answer to your question is : No

Reaction score
sure , but you skipped the part that you asked:

F/m = a

so when m increases a decreases .
Mass is proportional to accelaration (if Force remains constant ) but is certainly not dependent on it .
Dependence would mean that a specific mass produces only a specific accelaration. Which is totally wrong.

So the answer to your question is : No
thankuu..:)