• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how is the calcium carbonate used to reduce the effect of acid rain?
and how is it used in flue gas desulfurisation?

Reaction score
how is the calcium carbonate used to reduce the effect of acid rain?
and how is it used in flue gas desulfurisation?

caco3 (calcium carbonate) is reacted with an acid and it itself is quite alkaline so when it reacts with acid it makes it nuetral and thus it treats acid rain..:D
somewhat the same with Flue gas..

Reaction score
how does acid rain efffect respiration?

well acid rain damages the respiratory systems as it has high amount of Hydrogen ions which react with O2 to form H2O and as a result the total amount of 02 present decreases..:D
thats my guess..
and my teacher says that it causes severe irritation as well..:D

Reaction score
how does acid rain efffect respiration?
Heres what i got from the net..:D

Acid rain does not directly affect human health. The acid in the rainwater is too dilute to have direct adverse effects. However, the particulates responsible for acid rain (sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides) do have an adverse effect. Increased amounts of fine particulate matter in the air do contribute to heart and lung problems including asthma and bronchitis

Reaction score
Also there are breathing difficulties because when SO4 and NOx ions mix with water they poison it and that has adverse effects on the human body!! :D

Reaction score
yes its not included! nd i checked that all these electronic topics(logic gates, bistable astable and transistors) rarely cum nd even if they do then its always in EITHER and Or question!

Reaction score
Explain the feeding relationships between the main groups of organisms in a food
web. (7)
can anyone tell me the main points in here? do i have to name some specific organisms or just use producers, primary consumer etc???
and what is the difference in a food chain and food web?

Reaction score
Explain the feeding relationships between the main groups of organisms in a food
web. (7)
can anyone tell me the main points in here? do i have to name some specific organisms or just use producers, primary consumer etc???
and what is the difference in a food chain and food web?

as a general , describe feeding relationships between producers, consumers(primary, secondary ) and decomposers .
As there are 7 marks go a bit into detail . and oh , don't forget to elaborate a bit , the question says Explain. tell how each group feeds in the way they do!

As for your second question , A food chain is something like this (sorry , i can't see, to put this in words):
plants ---> cow ----> lion ( it's kinda made up but that's not important, you need to get the concept)

and a Food wed is made up of many of such food chains .

Hope This Helps! :)

Reaction score
as a general , describe feeding relationships between producers, consumers(primary, secondary ) and decomposers .
As there are 7 marks go a bit into detail . and oh , don't forget to elaborate a bit , the question says Explain. tell how each group feeds in the way they do!

As for your second question , A food chain is something like this (sorry , i can't see, to put this in words):
plants ---> cow ----> lion ( it's kinda made up but that's not important, you need to get the concept)

and a Food wed is made up of many of such food chains .

Hope This Helps! :)
right right. thankssss. but just one more question. do i have to name specific examples of food web? like say the cow eats grass or just say primary consumer gets energy from producers?????

Reaction score
right right. thankssss. but just one more question. do i have to name specific examples of food web? like say the cow eats grass or just say primary consumer gets energy from producers?????
''primary consumer takes energy from ... '' or ''primary consumer eats ....'' .