• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Physics (5054)/5054_w12_qp_12.pdf

Question number 7. Why is it D????
Question number 29.from x to y the resistance should be 6 only. Why is my answer wrong?
Question number 36. I so dont get this cro shit. :/
And how do you calculate the half life of isotopes?
Plus when a gas is heated it expands and the molecules more more often and hard with the container. Both are correct right?
this is correct if the volume does not change ...so pressure would increase...

Reaction score
But if you look at question 15 in the same paper both options are given although the ms says that it doesn't expand.
molecules cannont expands....and according to the formula 1/2m(v)2:k.e when temperature increases the energy increases and hence the velocity(speed)of the molecus...as volume does not change the molecules cannot move further apart.........

Reaction score
the answer is c simce it says tht i cm= 5ms... so in one complete wave there were 4 cm's....therefore 4*5 = 20 ms

So you mean that for calculating the time we have to cosider ONE wave ONLY? And one wave means 2 in phase points i.e one crest and one trough successively. Right?

Reaction score
Alright I have the answer to this question
Muammar (mind the spelling) as right
Graphit contains non-covalent bonds known as Wan-der-Waal's forces of attraction
wow...he found the answer......no one in they brilliant mind could not have thought of this.......lol

Reaction score
634553_xlarge.jpg
so is there a time tht both the valves are open....

Reaction score
1% is way too less. It may cause shock or coma. Blood contains much more glucose. If it has only 1%, then how would it supply the immense amount of glucose in respiring cells
the question states name a tissue which would have much more thn 1%.......

Reaction score
The resultant force in an object moving in a circle would be towards or away from the circle? If its towards i.e centripetal than what is the centrifugal?

Reaction score
The resultant force in an object moving in a circle would be towards or away from the circle? If its towards i.e centripetal than what is the centrifugal?
inside the circle that is centripetal
there is no such thing as centrifugal force in pure physics, it is a non-scientific concept

Reaction score
how hydrogen carbonate reacts with CO2,what is the equation and why its product is yellow in color?

Hydrogen Carbonate, from what I recall, is used in the Bio questions involving respiration/photosynthesis where you have to see if CO2 is being produced or used. Nothing more. You're not supposed to know the equations AFAIK. If it's a particular question that you've seen in a past paper, please link me to it.