• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
look you know what I did about 10 tritration questions and all of them have second and third tritration result..... I wonder why maybe cie is drunk or something... :D
Yes, I know. I solved last 15 years' past papers and all had 2 and 3 results as being the best. But it does not imply that every time you are going to do the titration the results would remain same. It was a bit conceptual.

Reaction score
Can anyone please solve this?
View attachment 53694
first cancel out all those which are incorrect......chlorination is used to kill bacteria therefore 1 is out..........2 is to remove salt from sea water (in the qstion they are taking about INSOLUBLE IMPURITIES) so 2 is also out..........I guess answer is option C......which year past paper is it tho?

Reaction score
first cancel out all those which are incorrect......chlorination is used to kill bacteria therefore 1 is out..........2 is to remove salt from sea water (in the qstion they are taking about INSOLUBLE IMPURITIES) so 2 is also out..........I guess answer is option C......which year past paper is it tho?
why didn;t you cancel out the 3rd one? Simple Distillation is used to separate a pure liquid from a solid dissolved in it and fractional distillation is used to separate two miscible liquids. btw its from 2014 mj variant 11.

Reaction score
why didn;t you cancel out the 3rd one? Simple Distillation is used to separate a pure liquid from a solid dissolved in it and fractional distillation is used to separate two miscible liquids. btw its from 2014 mj variant 11.
well, distillation means to evaporate and then condense the liquid.........just for example u place pebbles(insoluble impurities) in water and then carry out distillation......ULL GET THE WATER BACK.......3 is also correct, but to some extent.

Reaction score
My teacher told me that we never select first titration reading since it is always a rough titration....
your teacher is soo wrong there. It can be 1,2 or 2,3 or 1,3. It just depends on which readings give you best result.