• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology AS, How do I study?

Reaction score
Hello there!
Listen up, now I have my book, I have the study guide, and some very good notes which I found online. So now, how do I study? I'm already too late, I finished the course with my tutor, but I didn't actually study (as in learnt the whole thing thoroughly). So now that I'm already late, should I just start it off with my study guide and then go through my online notes, or is it better if I study it from my book initially? To be specific, if I ignored my book and studied from the study guide and the notes then solved past papers, would that be sufficient for me to achieve an A?

I'd appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Hello there!
Listen up, now I have my book, I have the study guide, and some very good notes which I found online. So now, how do I study? I'm already too late, I finished the course with my tutor, but I didn't actually study (as in learnt the whole thing thoroughly). So now that I'm already late, should I just start it off with my study guide and then go through my online notes, or is it better if I study it from my book initially? To be specific, if I ignored my book and studied from the study guide and the notes then solved past papers, would that be sufficient for me to achieve an A?

I'd appreciate your help.
Even I am even facing the same problem , I think so it's better to go through the chapters from book and solve maximum past papers.

Reaction score
Even I am even facing the same problem , I think so it's better to go through the chapters from book and solve maximum past papers.
So you think i should ignore the guide, and the notes? Are you giving it Edexcel?

Reaction score
Nope I am not giving Edexcel one , you know you can use notes only for the chapter you find difficult.

Reaction score
Do study from the revision guides as well. Esp. CGP one. A girl in my class got centum in Bio 1 and bio 2 because of the guide.!
Do Start of with ur book, then learn ur revision guides. After which solve as many papers as you can and use examiner report to find weakness in your answers.Later on, you can revise from the notes you found online (If u have time)!

Reaction score
Do study from the revision guides as well. Esp. CGP one. A girl in my class got centum in Bio 1 and bio 2 because of the guide.!
Do Start of with ur book, then learn ur revision guides. After which solve as many papers as you can and use examiner report to find weakness in your answers.Later on, you can revise from the notes you found online (If u have time)!
What's CGP ? :/

Reaction score
oh, I'm not giving A2 :$ Thank you though :)
Honestly, I think the CGP revision book is more important than the actual book Edexcel gives you : P I'm doing Edexcel, and the CGP book goes EXACTLY according to the specification unlike the actual book that has a lot of unnecessary information! If anything, the key study material that ANYONE doing AS or A2 needs are CGP guides 100% !!

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the CGP revision book is more important than the actual book Edexcel gives you : P I'm doing Edexcel, and the CGP book goes EXACTLY according to the specification unlike the actual book that has a lot of unnecessary information! If anything, the key study material that ANYONE doing AS or A2 needs are CGP guides 100% !!

Well, I agree. But i noticed that CGP has same stuff as EDEXCEL STUDY Guide.