• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 5090 May/June 2015 question Queries?

Reaction score
What was the answer of question 5 ? Concentration of magnesium and oxygen in choloroplast in sunlight ? I chose both high
Yes they were both high in comparison to other parts of the cell. Magnesium is essential for chlorophyll which is only found in chloroplasts. and as it was day time plant was actively photosynthesizing so oxygen was also high in conc.

Reaction score
Yes they were both high in comparison to other parts of the cell. Magnesium is essential for chlorophyll which is only found in chloroplasts. and as it was day time plant was actively photosynthesizing so oxygen was also high in conc.
Incidentally, this question has been very recently repeated in between 2012-2014 variant 11 or 12. And the answer was ^the one you explained. Just confirming this for others.

Reaction score
9.aa
10. Aa
11. I wrote about the chances of their child(ren) to have homozygous recessive allele SINCE they may have inherited mutated gene from same grandfather or older generations,thus leading to the express of phenotype due to mutated allele when homozy. recessive.
[/QUO]
OH SHITT.I wrote that the chances of down syndrome are more and I only explained down syndrome further I screwed up!:(

Reaction score
In paper 2 Q2 in which they asked that which pollination takes place... I wrote self pollination.. is there any chance that it can be correct??

Reaction score
It's insect-pollinated. The plant's actual name is Indian Pipe. Check the internet.
I dunno what the mark scheme will accept.
But if it's insect-pollinated, can it be self-pollinated? If the answer to that question is yes, then they should accept your answer as well.
I really am not one to comment on this. I am just glad I got it right.

Reaction score
It was wind pollinated. The flower was not colourful, it was white. Therefore insects will not be attracted to the flower.

Reaction score
It was wind pollinated. The flower was not colourful, it was white. Therefore insects will not be attracted to the flower.
lol :D I may be wrong, but i have confirmed it from a number of sources and found that this particular flower is insect pollinated

Last edited:
Reaction score
You only had to take into account the information which was given. Sharp leaves, white colour are all characteristics of a wind pollinated flower.