• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 5090 May/June 2015 question Queries?

Reaction score
What did you write about syphilis cause and symptom ?
I wrote :
  • Caused by bacterium
  • Sexually transmitted during intercouse
  • Body fluids coming in contact
  • first stage, sore on skin
  • Sore disappears if not treated
  • Rashes in second stage
  • Final stage, mental disorder
  • Different organs may be damaged
  • Person may even die
I wrote
Caused By bacterium
Shared during sexual intercouse
1st stage:painless sore on the site of infection (Penis in the case of males)
2nd Stage:No itch skin,Bald patches....Dissappear after a few weeks
3rd stage:Organ failures such as liver or heart, and or even insanity

Reaction score
I wrote
Caused By bacterium
Shared during sexual intercouse
1st stage:painless sore on the site of infection (Penis in the case of males)
2nd Stage:No itch skin,Bald patches....Dissappear after a few weeks
3rd stage:Organ failures such as liver or heart, and or even insanity
What did you write on this question,
What are the essential nutrients needed for glucose solution ? ( the first question) -- 2 marks

Reaction score
What about the first ques,

What are the essential nutrients needed for nutrient solution ? ( 2 marks ) -- 1st question

I wrote Glucose and Amino acid , as they are required for Growth.What did you write?
Btw there was a MCQ about the antagonist muscles and bones (Q24 or q21), what did you choose in that , I chose C (The muscles have a opisite effect on the same joint"

Reaction score
I wrote Glucose and Amino acid , as they are required for Growth.What did you write?
Btw there was a MCQ about the antagonist muscles and bones (Q24 or q21), what did you choose in that , I chose C (The muscles have a opisite effect on the same joint"
I chose C on that.

Btw, what did u chose on 39 and 40 the last two. for 40 I chose A, and for 39 I chose father's sperm mutation ( forgot the option number)

Reaction score
What was the answer to allele question

Reaction score
I chose C on that.

Btw, what did u chose on 39 and 40 the last two. for 40 I chose A, and for 39 I chose father's sperm mutation ( forgot the option number)

Q39 was A (Mothers egg as down sydrome is caused by fault cell division of the egg)
What was Q40?

Reaction score
Q39 was A (Mothers egg as down sydrome is caused by fault cell division of the egg)
What was Q40?
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

I may have messed up the allele question since I wrote aa and then in the next two blanks AA and Aa. I think I missed the part where they said ''mention the gametes for a heterozygous parent(with the dominant phenotype present).

Edit: Does anyone know for sure the answer to the antagonistic action mcq and the one where the disease was asked? Half of my most intelligent friends claim it was Diabetes while the other half say it was Kidney failure. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Reaction score
What was the answer of syphills question
If you meant the one at the end of section C, that has been answered above by someone i think. If you meant the MCQ about which diseases can be cured by Antibiotics, that one was syphilis only(Not HIV and/or lung Cancer).

Reaction score
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

I may have messed up the allele question since I wrote aa and then in the next two blanks AA and Aa. I think I missed the part where they said ''mention the gametes for a heterozygous parent(with the dominant phenotype present).

Edit: Does anyone know for sure the answer to the antagonistic action mcq and the one where the disease was asked? Half of my most intelligent friends claim it was Diabetes while the other half say it was Kidney failure. Can anyone confirm?

The first Blank was "AA" while the 2 gametes were "A" and "a"

Reaction score
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

Elaborate the disease question, i forgot about it.The answer for the antagonistic was C (the muscles have opposite effect on the same joint)

Reaction score
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

Disease was diabetes, since it was said "The person has high levels of sugar in his urine..." (some thing like this :p). So if he was urinating that definitely means that his kidneys were okay!

Reaction score
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

it was diabetes since the person was experiencing weight loss

Reaction score
Q40 was a-(W,X and Y).

It was diabetes for sure

Reaction score
What was the answer of question 5 ? Concentration of magnesium and oxygen in choloroplast in sunlight ? I chose both high