• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Binomial and Normal distribution notes here.

Reaction score
Can you please explain the 2nd last and the last diagram in image 2.
Thanks...

Reaction score
normal-distributions-003-jpg.10453

Aoa wr wb!

Thanks for the notes ...!
I have a doubt in the part np > 5 ..it's actually like np and nq greater than 5 [in june 2011 2nd variant]

so anyway i wanna know the reason why is it so? like from where does this 5 come? :unsure:

Reactions: N.M
Reaction score
normal-distributions-003-jpg.10453

Aoa wr wb!

Thanks for the notes ...!
I have a doubt in the part np > 5 ..it's actually like np and nq greater than 5 [in june 2011 2nd variant]

so anyway i wanna know the reason why is it so? like from where does this 5 come? :unsure:

Aww its a rule...if np and nq is not greater than 5 you cant use approximation...so 5 is just for checking :)

Reaction score
Aww its a rule...if np and nq is not greater than 5 you cant use approximation...so 5 is just for checking :)
alryt thanks..
actually i never knew this until I saw that question in June 2011

ArtAngle Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
note this point ;) If np and nq greater than 5, then we can use normal distribution .....and check the notes in the first post...i see some new points...

Reaction score
Jazakillah for the note, may Allah bless you with ease in your forthcoming statistics exam. :)