• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BDS or MBBS

Reaction score
And don't trust anyone who says 'study less' there is no thing as 'study less' in all major fields especially engineering/medicine/corporate economics.

Reaction score
  1. please tell me which is a better professn for girls ....mbbs or bds??
    my family had forced me to take bds last year ,i went fr 1 mnth den came back ..gave eamcet couldnt score well due to health problms now i want to try one more year and get into mbbs next year thru merit or payment but my parents nd brothers(mbbs md) are suggesting me to join back bds and complete that .....
    i am highly confused frustatd please help me with this :)

Reaction score
  1. please tell me which is a better professn for girls ....mbbs or bds??
    my family had forced me to take bds last year ,i went fr 1 mnth den came back ..gave eamcet couldnt score well due to health problms now i want to try one more year and get into mbbs next year thru merit or payment but my parents nd brothers(mbbs md) are suggesting me to join back bds and complete that .....
    i am highly confused frustatd please help me with this :)

I myself am doing BDS, got nuts in the first year but it was fun too. Why'd you leave it?
If you dont want to study it then do not re-apply for the course. It actually requires a lot of effort..and effort can only be put in if you actually want to do something by passion.

Coming to your question about better ones for girls..both the professions have their own positives. Dental clinics, fixed hours, famliy and work together. Cool.
Mbbs, specialized in a field (skin, eye, nutritionist) fixed hours, family together. But needs a lot of study.

Don't force yourself. Do what you want to do.

Reaction score
First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

As a girl save your years, that is the wise choice. Go for BDS in the end it's about your dealing with the patients and attitude that will determine how far you go.

P.S. Someone on the first page has mentioned the salaries from CIBC(a bank here in North America). PUHLEAAASE. Grow up those figures are for american natives not you.

Reaction score
The reality however is, 'karni akhir main ja k handi roti he hai'

That's not me by the way, that's what the numbers from the past tell :)

Reaction score
Okay now, the last comment is simply demoralizing. It's sad how the world is advancing on such fast pace and we here, are tracing lines back to stone age.:notworthy:

Reaction score
1- There's a thing called 'reality'. The recent government statistics show that 90% of the female medicine graduates don't even go on to practise (meaning they do the handi roti at the end only).
2- Ignoring reality is called 'ignorance'
3- If someone changes their mind and actually thinks of something productive due to that one demoralizing comment, I find it worth it by all means.
4- If people are debating over mbbs vs bds and trying to find an ideal without ever going on to implement something, they already are in the stone age.
5- Studing Development Economic is all I have to do these days, and in that process I get to analyse almost every corner of the world. Sadly, that is the reality that I posted.
6- I don't simply demoralize, most of the time I am trying to tell people of available options from the bottom of being in a nowhere situation.
7- If people of Pakistan have to get out of the stone age they will first have to start thinking beyond the 'mbbs bds debate'.

Reaction score
Beg your pardon, I didn't mean to pelt my stones at you. I was talking generally about the whole 'do handi roti' idea in Pakistan. It's the idea that's demoralizing not the person mentioning it. Forgive me for sounding offensive.:unsure:

Reaction score
1- There's a thing called 'reality'. The recent government statistics show that 90% of the female medicine graduates don't even go on to practise
That just makes me sad :/ but there are people like me who are serious about building their carrier.
1- (meaning they do the handi roti at the end only).

Actaually, I think that they study medicine to escape the handi roti issue :p you know nokar chakar walay ghar miltay hain :p

Reaction score
That is based on kismat, there are many non medicine women out there who did not even bother to join university and are living a lavish life. At the same time there are those mbbs women who have spent their whole life earning and looking after their own home too.

If you study medicine just to get a better marriage offer your assumption is wrong in the first place. That's a kids way of thinking where they can't balance imagination with reality.

Reaction score
Many girls today study just for the sake of it too, let's give them some credit. #Malala Yousufzai :(

Reaction score
1- There's a thing called 'reality'. The recent government statistics show that 90% of the female medicine graduates don't even go on to practise (meaning they do the handi roti at the end only).
2- Ignoring reality is called 'ignorance'
3- If someone changes their mind and actually thinks of something productive due to that one demoralizing comment, I find it worth it by all means.
4- If people are debating over mbbs vs bds and trying to find an ideal without ever going on to implement something, they already are in the stone age.
5- Studing Development Economic is all I have to do these days, and in that process I get to analyse almost every corner of the world. Sadly, that is the reality that I posted.
6- I don't simply demoralize, most of the time I am trying to tell people of available options from the bottom of being in a nowhere situation.
7- If people of Pakistan have to get out of the stone age they will first have to start thinking beyond the 'mbbs bds debate'.

Go beyond MBBS BDS like MBA? ;)