• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Unit 2 Biology :) Post your doubts here- :)

Reaction score
Guys : Feel free to ask for help or post anything related to AS Biology here and hopefully I might be able to help you. If I can't, others' will or I will seek help for you :)=====> Good luck to you guys!!! ROCK BIOLOGY PRETTY HARD :)

Reaction score
Do you have any predictions about what experiment might come up? I have no idea how I would describe the one which tests the strength of different types of fibres. :confused:

Reaction score
Attach a fibre to a clamp stand and hang a weight from the other
end
2. Keep adding weights until the fibre breaks
3. Record the mass needed to break the fibre – the higher the mass,
the higher the tensile strength
4. Repeat to increase the reliability
5. Use same lengthened fibres
6. Keep all other variables constant – temp, humidity
7. Take safety measures, such as wearing goggles and leave the
area where the weights will fall clear.

Reaction score
1.does the sperm cells die after releasing the chromosomes into the oocyte?? if So why?
2. Is the zygote and normal cell the same size?
3.If there are any patches of skin tissues in the brain during cell determination experiments, will it cause any change in brain tissue or the function of the brain??

These questions are from topic 3 voice of genome .

Reaction score
1.does the sperm cells die after releasing the chromosomes into the oocyte?? if So why?
2. Is the zygote and normal cell the same size?
3.If there are any patches of skin tissues in the brain during cell determination experiments, will it cause any change in brain tissue or the function of the brain??

These questions are from topic 3 voice of genome .

1- Yes, a) No chromosome or genetic material, therefore no Protein synthesis . b) Fewer mitochondria, less energy produced, sperm cell can't survive for a long time.

2- No, Zgyogte should be bigger than normal cell.

3- Cell determination experiment - what's this?

Reaction score
hi,i need sme gud ntes on structure n role of DNA and RNA,..actully on whole topic 2..unit 1,,i m gonna give private a/l this year so plzz..help...