• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS retakes

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum, folks!
I wrote my AS papers this m/j session but i would like to improve some of my grades and i want to redo
only one component from one subject. Is that possible? Has anyone done that before? If so, what is the procedure and how is the final AS grade calculated? Do they consider the better grade or the latter one? Is it possible to get our individual marks of each paper too?
TIA :)

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum, folks!
I wrote my AS papers this m/j session but i would like to improve some of my grades and i want to redo
only one component from one subject. Is that possible? Has anyone done that before? If so, what is the procedure and how is the final AS grade calculated? Do they consider the better grade or the latter one? Is it possible to get our individual marks of each paper too?
TIA :)
Wasalam :)
Im sorry sis but retake of 1 component is not possible! U have to retake either AS level or A level-nothing in between.
Nope no one has done that before.
No procedure.
It depends on you totally... For example if ur first grade was B and after retake, it becomes C than u have the choice of which certificate u want to show the university... If u show both of them, they will consider the better grade but avoid to show them both in this situation.... If there is an improvement, than they'll consider ur highest grade.
Yes it is possible to know ur marks if you live outside of Pakistan...

Reaction score
Wasalam :)
Im sorry sis but retake of 1 component is not possible! U have to retake either AS level or A level-nothing in between.
Nope no one has done that before.
No procedure.
It depends on you totally... For example if ur first grade was B and after retake, it becomes C than u have the choice of which certificate u want to show the university... If u show both of them, they will consider the better grade but avoid to show them both in this situation.... If there is an improvement, than they'll consider ur highest grade.
Yes it is possible to know ur marks if you live outside of Pakistan...
Thank you .... though i was dreading that answer :cry: ... but i do live outside of pakistan so that's a plus ... thx anyway :)

Reaction score
I don't understand ... y don't u get ur marks? I got my percentage for each subject ... I want the marks for each component...

Isn't getting A*s distinction? ^_~
Because In Pak our grade are converted into marks with a deduction of 15% marks but since CIE didnt give percentage so IBCC(board of Pak) cant figure out a way to deduct the marks from our grades.... I guess thats why we dont get %age

There is something beyond A*... Distinction will be release in january of feburary of 2016

Reaction score
Because In Pak our grade are converted into marks with a deduction of 15% marks but since CIE didnt give percentage so IBCC(board of Pak) cant figure out a way to deduct the marks from our grades.... I guess thats why we dont get %age

There is something beyond A*... Distinction will be release in january of feburary of 2016
Oh ok

Well that's pretty cool ...