• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Physics (9702) Last Minute Revision Notes

Reaction score
Reaction score
AOA!
I have seen many people here worrying about their Physics Paper 2. So here are my own revision notes based on the class lectures & self-study. All topics are covered expect Electricity.. hope it helps :-D
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-QjlwQUNFVlVOT1U/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-T1hFYW1iQmY5Y1E/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-MXpTcURJSk9GVzA/edit?usp=docslist_api
Thanks a lot..may god bless u

Reaction score
Pleasure is mine :-D
I myself couldn't complete electricity notes.. just focusig on past papers to cover up my weaknesses.. but still feel free to ask anything regardIng physics. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh No problem! But I've got a severe prob in potentiometers! Like in question 6 part b. I don't get this question AT ALL!https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9702_w14_qp_23.pdf
Sorry for the late response.. i have checked that question
b.i. here you just need to apply the basic formula I=V/R (from R=V/I). This part has nothing to do with the cell Y. Just remember that when you need to find current in a cell in series circuit, you find the total resistance of the circuit. In this case, the total resistance is 5 ohm (1 ohm internal + 4 ohm of wire BD)

B.ii. in this part you simply use V=IR. I is calculated in b.i. R was calculated in 6a. Remember that current remains same in the series circuit while p.d. is shared by the components depending on their resistance.

b.iii. this is a bit different. The general formula which summarizes the concept of potentiometers is V1/V2= L1/L2. you may replace V1/V2 with R1/R2 depending on the question's requirement. However, here we are only concerned with the pd of the wire.
From b.ii. we know that the wire BD has 1.6V. As the current at length l is zero, pd is 1.5V. so
1.5/1.6 = l/100
l = 1.5*100/1.6
l = 94 cm

i think you may get confused that why pd 1.5V when ccurrent is zero in potentiometer. The reason is that the galvanometer is connected between a fixed emf source and an arm of potentiometer. when the arm is moved to the point where the pd across the emf source & in the arm is same, no current flows.

Reaction score
First of all... Thank you so much for this. Much needed xD
And second, I have a question.. In projectile, all the derived formulas like time to reach max height= u sin x/g.. is it necessary to learn them? I never did for the mid terms or mocks and I'm starting to think that's the reason I suck at projectile. So like, is it important?

Also, what is range of projectile exactly?

Reaction score
one more thing.. is there ever a question on deriving the formulas in kinematics?

Reaction score
First of all... Thank you so much for this. Much needed xD
And second, I have a question.. In projectile, all the derived formulas like time to reach max height= u sin x/g.. is it necessary to learn them? I never did for the mid terms or mocks and I'm starting to think that's the reason I suck at projectile. So like, is it important?

Also, what is range of projectile exactly?
the formulaes for projectile are derived from equations of kinematics. I.e. for maximum height reached
V^2=u^2 +2as
s= (v^2-u^2)/2a
v is the final velocity. we consider the vertical component of projectile when talking about the height of the object. At maximum height, the vertical component is zero.
U is the initial vertical component here which is usin(thita)
Therefore: s= u^2sin^2 (thita)/2g
note that i have taken a= -g
so - sign before u^2 cancels.
I know its complicated but if you manage to learn these formulas as it is, projectile ques will be easY. The range is the maximum distance covered by the object in projectilE. It considers horizontal component

Reaction score
Master Minds can u plz help me through...i need physics notes according to the syllabus..do u have???
I made the notes following the syllabus & summarizing some important points. I would recommend you to get Physics Revision Guide written by Richard Woodside. this book follows the syllabus very closely and is excellent for revision purpose. You will hardly ever need to read complete topics from typical textbooks :-D
other than that, you can also refer to A level Calculations for Physics. It will help you with numericals no matter how tricky they are. I don't remember the author name of that book.

Reaction score
T
AOA!
I have seen many people here worrying about their Physics Paper 2. So here are my own revision notes based on the class lectures & self-study. All topics are covered expect Electricity.. hope it helps :-D
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-QjlwQUNFVlVOT1U/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-T1hFYW1iQmY5Y1E/edit?usp=docslist_api
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8TyN2pAZ09-MXpTcURJSk9GVzA/edit?usp=docslist_api
thanks brother they are really helping. do you have notes for uncertainity problems?

Reaction score
I made the notes following the syllabus & summarizing some important points. I would recommend you to get Physics Revision Guide written by Richard Woodside. this book follows the syllabus very closely and is excellent for revision purpose. You will hardly ever need to read complete topics from typical textbooks :-D
other than that, you can also refer to A level Calculations for Physics. It will help you with numericals no matter how tricky they are. I don't remember the author name of that book.
Thanks alot..u r great help!! :)

Reaction score
the formulaes for projectile are derived from equations of kinematics. I.e. for maximum height reached
V^2=u^2 +2as
s= (v^2-u^2)/2a
v is the final velocity. we consider the vertical component of projectile when talking about the height of the object. At maximum height, the vertical component is zero.
U is the initial vertical component here which is usin(thita)
Therefore: s= u^2sin^2 (thita)/2g
note that i have taken a= -g
so - sign before u^2 cancels.
I know its complicated but if you manage to learn these formulas as it is, projectile ques will be easY. The range is the maximum distance covered by the object in projectilE. It considers horizontal component
Thanks again. That helped xD

Reaction score
T

thanks brother they are really helping. do you have notes for uncertainity problems?
pleasure is mine :)
I have added the formulaes of finding uncertainties under the heading of general physics.. the topic is not that difficult. keypoints are:
- you calculate absolute uncertainty for functions involving simple addition & subtraction.
- you find fractional uncertainty for functions involving multiplication and division.
- when calculating uncertainties, errors always add up. you NEVER subtract errors.
- You may convert fractional uncertainty to absolute and/or to percentage uncertainty Aand vice versa. If you know the basic notations of these three types of uncertainties, you can easily make these conversions.
- please refer to the formulae of calculating uncertainties in the notes I have shared :)