• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS level Thinking skills and Sociology

Reaction score
Guys I need help regarding taking Thinking skills and Sociology in my A1 as AS levels.
I already have:

1.Accounts (would be giving both AS and A level paper in A2, college policy)
2.Economics (would be giving AS level in A1)
3.English General (would be giving in A2 college policy)
4.Maths (would be giving S1 & P1 in A1)
5.Psychology (would be giving AS level in A1)

My question is should i take Sociology and Thinking skills given that the amount of time left in M/J 2011 session in which i would be attempting these, would i be able to cover syllabus (i know sociology is lengthy but thinking skills only require practice) plus the reasonable amount of past papers? If yes then which books and resources do you recommend?

P.S: I had 13 subjects in my GCE O'levels attempted in 3 sessions (3-3-7) which included subjects such as Sociology, Statistics and Addmaths so basically burden isn't much if an issue. My real concern is, is it near to impossible scoring good i mean straight As if i attempt or is it possible and nothing special?

Please reply ASAP as i would have to register with British Council PAK as private candidate for these additional electives.

Reaction score
Hasnain1sds said:
Guys I need help regarding taking Thinking skills and Sociology in my A1 as AS levels.
I already have:

1.Accounts (would be giving both AS and A level paper in A2, college policy)
2.Economics (would be giving AS level in A1)
3.English General (would be giving in A2 college policy)
4.Maths (would be giving S1 & P1 in A1)
5.Psychology (would be giving AS level in A1)

My question is should i take Sociology and Thinking skills given that the amount of time left in M/J 2011 session in which i would be attempting these, would i be able to cover syllabus (i know sociology is lengthy but thinking skills only require practice) plus the reasonable amount of past papers? If yes then which books and resources do you recommend?

P.S: I had 13 subjects in my GCE O'levels attempted in 3 sessions (3-3-7) which included subjects such as Sociology, Statistics and Addmaths so basically burden isn't much if an issue. My real concern is, is it near to impossible scoring good i mean straight As if i attempt or is it possible and nothing special?

Please reply ASAP as i would have to register with British Council PAK as private candidate for these additional electives.

Are you in lyceum by any chance? (considering their policy regarding accounts and english general)

Reaction score
Are you in lyceum by any chance? (considering their policy regarding accounts and english general)

yup i m in lyceum but dude help me out in this matter !

Reaction score
One thing is certain that nothing is impossible if you put in the right amount of hard work. If you think you can give enough time to thes additional subjects then go ahead and attempt them. Since you kept statistics and Addmaths in olevels, maths won't consume alot of your time though psychology and economics are lenghty. It all depends on your dedication.

Reaction score
@topic Starter: wow man i am in lyceum as well :p
haha i was even planning to give thinking skills and sociology in may/june '11 but i am thinking that it might be too hectic.
but if you can manage the pressure then its great. Btw if you get to know about thinking skills tution then do PM me. Thanks!

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
One thing is certain that nothing is impossible if you put in the right amount of hard work. If you think you can give enough time to thes additional subjects then go ahead and attempt them. Since you kept statistics and Addmaths in olevels, maths won't consume alot of your time though psychology and economics are lenghty. It all depends on your dedication.

Ok so i have made-up my mind, would be attempting these extras. Now tell me which books should i buy for socio and thinking skills ? and any other resources (websites, notes etc.)?

Wesey i was looking forward for Shirazi's reply to this thread since he's very experienced regarding extra electives but never mind :| i think he's busy these days.