• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS level component grades 2016

Reaction score
AOA everyone,

I wanted to know whether the component grades for AS level include marks or not? If yes, then feel free to share yours on this thread but please help me wid my inquiry first. Thanks!

P.s- The forums here have become very inactive. People view threads but don't bother to answer/help other members. Helping others takes just a few moments, but the feeling gained by helping others is priceless. Don't feel that helping others will make you common, because it is your deeds which make you stand out!

Reaction score
For some components, CIE does give component marks but for some it doesn't. Like I also took exams this June, but I didn't get any component marks. just the overall grades

Reaction score
For some components, CIE does give component marks but for some it doesn't. Like I also took exams this June, but I didn't get any component marks. just the overall grades
Ohh so which subjects did u appear for this June?

Reaction score
We don't get marks with components with science subjects at least
Really? cause i saw two people on other threads telling their exact marks in components for Bio,Phy, Chem and Math. I guess the thread was titled " Worsers grades than expected *something like that*".

Reaction score
Ohh so which subjects did u appear for this June?
Maths, Chem and Bio AS

Really? cause i saw two people on other threads telling their exact marks in components for Bio,Phy, Chem and Math. I guess the thread was titled " Worsers grades than expected *something like that*".
yes, like I wrote above, in different countries, they take different variants, so people taking those variants got their component marks too (it has nothing to do with subjects) , and of course, that's quite useful, so you know which component caused the grade lower or higher so you can specifically prepare yourself for that paper especially

Reaction score
linkinpark but you told me your component grades, how did you get those?
No no, you're mixing the components and the percentages. Components are always published and are delivered to your school alongside the result. I don't know about the private candidates. Components yes, percentages no.

Reaction score
No no, you're mixing the components and the percentages. Components are always published and are delivered to your school alongside the result. I don't know about the private candidates. Components yes, percentages no.
so, private candidates don't get any? neither component grades nor percentages?

Reaction score
That I am not sure because I don't know any private A level student but CIE treats private and non-private candidates equally. I am sure the portal access that private students are given, wahan per shaied upload hoty houn. Uncertain though.

Reaction score
I personally called british council pakistan (0800-22000) and they told me the following things
Candidates sitting in as a private will be told of their component grades by the following procedure
Candidates should scan their provisional result (after printing it) or take a screenshot of result and send it to the following email address [email protected]
through your original id from which you get registered or from which you get login id and password for result enquiry .
You will get your components grades with in days for the subject you sit in !!
I hope you people could have understand

Reaction score
I personally called british council pakistan (0800-22000) and they told me the following things
Candidates sitting in as a private will be told of their component grades by the following procedure
Candidates should scan their provisional result (after printing it) or take a screenshot of result and send it to the following email address [email protected]
through your original id from which you get registered or from which you get login id and password for result enquiry .
You will get your components grades with in days for the subject you sit in !!
I hope you people could have understand
I was also thinking of calling them but thank you, quite helpful!

Reaction score
Maths, Chem and Bio AS

yes, like I wrote above, in different countries, they take different variants, so people taking those variants got their component marks too (it has nothing to do with subjects) , and of course, that's quite useful, so you know which component caused the grade lower or higher so you can specifically prepare yourself for that paper especially
I wish they could've told us our raw marks in each component :(. The As in AS level are usually very misleading. Thanks a lot for the help though!

Reaction score
I don't think CIE treats private candidates differently. Contact the british council in your country and if they are of no help, contact CIE directly. From what I know & have experienced, a week or two after the results are released, the school teachers get the component grades and marks, both. If you've written the exams in your school, just ask your respective teachers and they'll give you your component marks.