• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS and A-Level resources thread

Reaction score
Guys I need help in answering the 12 mark essay questions in paper 1. If someone can show or write a sample for this question, it would be really helpful!!

Q7(b) Discuss how a clothes retailer might segment the market for its goods? [9707/01/m/j/07] Numra N.S My Name

Last edited:
Reaction score
وَقَالَ رَبُّڪُمُ ٱدۡعُونِىٓ أَسۡتَجِبۡ لَكُمۡۚ
And your Lord says: "Call upon Me, I'll respond to you" [40:60]

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why promotional activity must change at different stages of product life cycle?? Numra N.S My Name
First of all - what is the product life cycle ? Its the living period of a product since its introduction to its decline (end) .
The product life cycle shows us how much sale is going to be of that specific product - that is how we measure the life of a product basically ( through sales ) .
Maybe it will get into growth stage more quicker than others or may be the product is more likely to become obsolete than other products due to quick changes in tastes and choices of consumers and technological innovation .
So , we need to change the promotion activities that is ,for example, advertisements to make sure at whatever stage they are we get the market to know about our product accordingly .
Like in introduction stage , its a new product , so we need to advertise even more to let the people know that this product type and sort is out and avalible - as the sales are low and we need to make them go high ( main aim of business is to be profitable ! )
Where as , if its a launch of a music album , perhaps of a pop singer and so people already are anxiously waiting for it and they therefore dont need to advertise much about it - as its in the growth satge of the product life cycle and sales are high .

So you see , according to the product life cycle or say sales , we try to adjust our promotional activities . If low sales - more advertising and if high sales - no need of much advertising ( promotion ) .

This is the answer I got , sorry if they are any mistakes in it .

Reaction score
First of all - what is the product life cycle ? Its the living period of a product since its introduction to its decline (end) .
The product life cycle shows us how much sale is going to be of that specific product - that is how we measure the life of a product basically ( through sales ) .
Maybe it will get into growth stage more quicker than others or may be the product is more likely to become obsolete than other products due to quick changes in tastes and choices of consumers and technological innovation .
So , we need to change the promotion activities that is ,for example, advertisements to make sure at whatever stage they are we get the market to know about our product accordingly .
Like in introduction stage , its a new product , so we need to advertise even more to let the people know that this product type and sort is out and avalible - as the sales are low and we need to make them go high ( main aim of business is to be profitable ! )
Where as , if its a launch of a music album , perhaps of a pop singer and so people already are anxiously waiting for it and they therefore dont need to advertise much about it - as its in the growth satge of the product life cycle and sales are high .

So you see , according to the product life cycle or say sales , we try to adjust our promotional activities . If low sales - more advertising and if high sales - no need of much advertising ( promotion ) .

This is the answer I got , sorry if they are any mistakes in it .

Thank you soo much Numra N.S Its really helpful Alhamdulillah!! :) Jazakallahu Khair!!

Reaction score
What SORT of marketing is suitable for an online business??
Can anyone help me out on this?? please..... :( Numra N.S, i am sorry I am troubling you like this but I need help!! sowwiee mate!

Reaction score
What SORT of marketing is suitable for an online business??
Can anyone help me out on this?? please..... :( Numra N.S, i am sorry I am troubling you like this but I need help!! sowwiee mate![/
" Marketing " - includes doing market reseach and then comming up with the best marketting mix ( price , promotion , place , packaging and product ) .
Every business has its own way of marketting ,there is no one way that is suitable for all business . It all depends on the situation .
For example , if u take amazon , its for all the people . Upper class , middle class and lower class and all the other segments in the market . This way it is called mass marketing .
However , perhaps , there is an online bank and it is for only the super rich - then it will go for niche marketting .
So high price + branded image + online + very efficient for super rich people lifestyle ( this is the service ) .

Hope u get it . I try to find the answers from a good source but if any mistakes sorry .