• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are my grades good enough to go to foreign university?

Reaction score
I gave my gce o level exam in June 2017 for islamiyat, Pakistan studies, and Urdu. I came from England so Urdu was a bit weak, results came A in Pak.studies B in Urdu and islamiyat. I haven't seen my papers yet but I hope if i send my islamiyat paper for a recheck it will InshAllah go to A. Assuming my grades go to 2 A and 1 B is this a good foundation for me getting good grades to go to foreign University.
Note: My grades are really great at school in the papers i am going to give next year i.e Maths ,Chemistry, Physics, English and Computer Science. I most of the time get straight A's in my sessional in these subjects.

Reaction score
I gave my gce o level exam in June 2017 for islamiyat, Pakistan studies, and Urdu. I came from England so Urdu was a bit weak, results came A in Pak.studies B in Urdu and islamiyat. I haven't seen my papers yet but I hope if i send my islamiyat paper for a recheck it will InshAllah go to A. Assuming my grades go to 2 A and 1 B is this a good foundation for me getting good grades to go to foreign University.
Note: My grades are really great at school in the papers i am going to give next year i.e Maths ,Chemistry, Physics, English and Computer Science. I most of the time get straight A's in my sessional in these subjects.
Your grades are good and if you deem a recheck necessary then go for it!
So you have 8 subjects in total and if we assume another A in Islamiyat so you'll have 2A, B.
BTW which region/country do you refer to when you talk about foreign? Kindly specify the countries you plan to apply and only then I can guide you somewhat.

If you are planning for US then you can get in pretty much with 7As but not in some top tier university because they only look forward to high achievers like 8A*, 7A*, distinctions etc with good extra curriculars and some internships. Also a really good college essay.
So it depends on your result and your preferences a lot.

Reaction score
Your grades are good and if you deem a recheck necessary then go for it!
So you have 8 subjects in total and if we assume another A in Islamiyat so you'll have 2A, B.
BTW which region/country do you refer to when you talk about foreign? Kindly specify the countries you plan to apply and only then I can guide you somewhat.

If you are planning for US then you can get in pretty much with 7As but not in some top tier university because they only look forward to high achievers like 8A*, 7A*, distinctions etc with good extra curriculars and some internships. Also a really good college essay.
So it depends on your result and your preferences a lot.
Thanks so much for your reply well actually my father did his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Manchester UK I've lived there for four years. He has a couple of friends in the university who made a deal with my father that if I get straight A's then they will give me scholarship to study in the UK . Also my Uncle lives in Australia and is a professor in a university, he also offered me to come their, and my father also suggests me to go study their. Hence its either going to be UK or Australia.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply well actually my father did his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Manchester UK I've lived there for four years. He has a couple of friends in the university who made a deal with my father that if I get straight A's then they will give me scholarship to study in the UK . Also my Uncle lives in Australia and is a professor in a university, he also offered me to come their, and my father also suggests me to go study their. Hence its either going to be UK or Australia.
You're welcome :)
That's great! If they made a promise, I am sure they'll stay true to it.
Also to study in UK, 6-8As are good because their main focus is to accept students who are willing to pay the full fees. I know a couple of friends now in UK with that many As who got accepted into the well known universities without any issues.
Just make sure that you get As in the remaining subjects and do well in A Level too. If your father can afford the fees of UK then there won't be any problem for you to get an acceptance from Manchester, Lancaster, Bristol etc.
Keep working hard, score good grades and don't forget to have some experience in event management or public speaking or any volunteer work. It always compliments your application.

Australia is good too but I don't have much knowledge about it. All I know is that my cousin did his MS from University of Sydney after doing BS from Pakistan and he didn't have trouble getting in. He also got into a couple of other Australian universities.