• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are distinctions awarded at AS level too?

Reaction score
That depends on the country you're from.

In Pakistan, individual subject distinctions for AS-Level are only available for subjects that are AS-Level only like General Paper. For a subject like Physics, distinctions are available for the complete A-Level only.

Best across 3/4/5 AS-Levels distinction is available tho.

Reaction score
I think i have seen the distinction lists for Oct-Nov sessions as well. o.o

Yep, till Oct-Nov 2013. I gave exams in Oct-Nov 2014 and there weren't any distinctions, cause the number of people taking exams is fewer in Oct-Nov so its unfair.
For example, you can lose three marks in Add-Maths in Oct-Nov session and still end up having the highest marks in the country, while in May-June usually there are a lot of people who get near full marks. So for this reason, they don't give out distinctions for Oct-Nov anymore. Just for Statistics, cause it's offered in Oct-Nov only, not in May-June.

Reaction score
"Mainstream" subjects don't have distinctions for AS-Level. Shame, I was expecting one in June.

Reaction score
someone at my cousin's tuition said they're already out - is that true? Is it even possible? Guys, don't just dismiss them as arbitrary desperation - involved in this whole things is a lot of familial rivalry so if anyone knows they'd do us an enormous favour if they share their knowledge