• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Arctuarial science

Reaction score
I hear there is no good scope of it.. O Level grades 3As 3Bs and a C, A in math, Accounting and Bio.. biology aint needed, still its my finak year A2, REALLY BADLY CONFUSED, AND I TAKE MATH EVEN NOW ALONG WITH BUSINESS STUDIES AND ECONOMICS OH AND ACCOUNTING. Which unis to apply? scholarship offers?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
^ You don't ask unis which unis to apply to. That would be like asking the CEO of Ferrari which car to buy.

I hear there is no good scope of it.. O Level grades 3As 3Bs and a C, A in math, Accounting and Bio.. biology aint needed, still its my finak year A2, REALLY BADLY CONFUSED, AND I TAKE MATH EVEN NOW ALONG WITH BUSINESS STUDIES AND ECONOMICS OH AND ACCOUNTING. Which unis to apply? scholarship offers?

There is a very good scope for Actuarial Sciences. Your subject combination is fine. Almost all good universities in Australia and US offer Acturial Sciences as a separate major, and there are many scholarships available in Australian Universities. Just visit their web sites to get all the info.

Reaction score
I was referring to unis for actuarial science, but it scares me, their requirements x_x and if I dont make it, :'( x__________x

Reaction score
I got a B in my AS Maths, all thanks to Mechanics where I got a D.
I hope it doesnt drag me to hell

Reaction score
Actuarial has a very good scope especially on the teaching side....that is if you do masters in it and then teach it in a uni................try the canadian unis they ought to give you scholarship and are affordable....believe me actuarial is lyk an amazing field.....and a B in AS is very good and insha'allah u'll meet the uni requirements...gud luck!!!Remember me in ur prayers!! :)(y)

Reaction score
Actuarial has a very good scope especially on the teaching side....that is if you do masters in it and then teach it in a uni................try the canadian unis they ought to give you scholarship and are affordable....believe me actuarial is lyk an amazing field.....and a B in AS is very good and insha'allah u'll meet the uni requirements...gud luck!!!Remember me in ur prayers!! :)(y)
Yes definitely surely. Remember me too
Thanks for the feedback :D

Reaction score

take an extra year give the exams again.. study using TTC courses (download via torrents), khan academy and Schaums' otulines (download via torrents).. Remove Business Studies and add Further Maths to your mix of subjects... (studying on your own without tuition will let you become more mature and disciplined thus letting you not fall into the trap of becoming lazy at uni because there you are on your own)... Further Maths will give you a slight idea of the type of maths you will study at the undergrad level.. not all unis have Actuarial Programs .. some of them just teach math and stats .. remember Actuarial Science has a lot to do with Statistical Inference and Risk Management... also learn programming languages such as 1. SQL, 2. VBA (Ms Excel) AND 3. Matlab or SAS or R or Stata, (tutorials available via torrents) and also do an internship or partime job for the entire year... give unis the reason that you wanted field experience before enrolling into their program and wanted to do some self study to broaden your horizons