• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Arabic edexcel as a first language Anyone ?

Reaction score
first of all in p1
comprehension: this involves answering the questions from the paragraph provided in your own style

this can be done easily by these following steps:
  1. read the questions and divide it into sections and define the pattern of the question(for eg: whether they ask you about one reason, two or more)
  2. see the mark of the question(3 marks means he need 3 marking points and so on)
  3. spread your answer and write as a list not a paragraph
  4. now, read the paragraph carefully and refer to a pen when reading( this is extremely recommended as chances of getting distracted becomes lesser)
  5. try to give each paragraph a title(optional)
  6. when reading you will face some points related to each other, number them as they may come as a question when you start answering , by this way you will save time.
  7. if the question is hard, read once twice or more until you get it, hence you can find some important keywords which will help you in answering the question.
  8. if question asks personal opinion, answer should be from the paragraph without adding any thing from your mind
  9. this exercise should take from 40-50 minutes
summary:this involves 2 questions, 1st is to summarize the paragraph given , 2nd is to give a similar story to the context of that paragraph

steps to write a good summary:
  1. read the paragraph carefully
  2. when writing the summary, don't repeat words with same meaning or sentences either
  3. don't repeat the base title, instead use linking words
  4. keep writing on this topic without adding opinions or suggestions
  5. in case paragraph is too small, summary is 100 words but if longer than a page then 150 words
  6. this exercise should take from 40-50 minutes
grammer:this involves answering grammer question(grammer should be learnt in order to obtain the maximum 20 marks)
this exercise should take 20-30 minutes
this is a helpful site for learning grammer: http://www.scribd.com/doc/68518223/IGCSE2009-Classical-Arabic-Grammar-Guide

total marks of p1 is 70 marks ; time>> 2h15min

p2: this involves answering two questions from 5 questions and a picture
types of questions>>>
  1. article
  2. expression
  3. description
  4. speech
  5. letter
any type of these questions should be answered in 300 words
total marks is 60 ; time>> 1h30min

hope that helped you !

Last edited:
Reaction score
first of all in p1
comprehension: this involves answering the questions from the paragraph provided in your own style

this can be done easily by these following steps:
  1. read the questions and divide it into sections and define the pattern of the question(for eg: whether they ask you about one reason, two or more)
  2. see the mark of the question(3 marks means he need 3 marking points and so on)
  3. spread your answer and write as a list not a paragraph
  4. now, read the paragraph carefully and refer to a pen when reading( this is extremely recommended as chances of getting distracted becomes lesser)
  5. try to give each paragraph a title(optional)
  6. when reading you will face some points related to each other, number them as they may come as a question when you start answering , by this way you will save time.
  7. if the question is hard, read once twice or more until you get it, hence you can find some important keywords which will help you in answering the question.
  8. if question asks personal opinion, answer should be from the paragraph without adding any thing from your mind
  9. this exercise should take from 40-50 minutes
summary:this involves 2 questions, 1st is to summarize the paragraph given , 2nd is to give a similar story to the context of that paragraph

steps to write a good summary:
  1. read the paragraph carefully
  2. when writing the summary, don't repeat words with same meaning or sentences either
  3. don't repeat the base title, instead use linking words
  4. keep writing on this topic without adding opinions or suggestions
  5. in case paragraph is too small, summary is 100 words but if longer than a page then 150 words
  6. this exercise should take from 40-50 minutes
grammer:this involves answering grammer question(grammer should be learnt in order to obtain the maximum 20 marks)
this exercise should take 20-30 minutes
this is a helpful site for learning grammer: http://www.scribd.com/doc/68518223/IGCSE2009-Classical-Arabic-Grammar-Guide

total marks of p1 is 70 marks ; time>> 2h15min

p2: this involves answering two questions from 5 questions and a picture
types of questions>>>
  1. article
  2. expression
  3. description
  4. speech
  5. letter
any type of these questions should be answered in 300 words
total marks is 60 ; time>> 1h30min

hope that helped you !

Dude Thanksss A bunch this more than ALOT !! :D Thaat is reallly usefull thanks for giving me some ur time :) These tips are reallly usefull !
May allah give it to youu all in return !!

Reaction score
you're welcome!, despite the fact it took from me a lot of time but i am pleased to assist you and hope you get the best grades isa(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
you mean أساليب انشائية ?
  1. الاستفهام=؟
  2. !=التعجب =ما أروع:ما أسوء
  3. ؟!=الاستفهام التعجبي=سؤال ليس له جواب
  4. النداء
  5. التمني
  6. الترجي
  7. المدح
  8. الذم
  9. الاغراء
  10. التحذير
  11. النهي:لا+الفعل المضارع
  12. النفي
  13. الأمر

Reaction score
you mean أساليب انشائية ?
  1. الاستفهام=؟
  2. !=التعجب =ما أروع:ما أسوء
  3. ؟!=الاستفهام التعجبي=سؤال ليس له جواب
  4. النداء
  5. التمني
  6. الترجي
  7. المدح
  8. الذم
  9. الاغراء
  10. التحذير
  11. النهي:لا+الفعل المضارع
  12. النفي
  13. الأمر

Yeah exactly these okaay thanks alot ! but....do we have to use them a lot or only twice or something

Last edited:
Reaction score
15times !
plus 50 3lamat trqeemm plus 2-3 she3r plus 10 t3berat adbya ,7km plus 20 linking words
this will fill your article and you will get the best grades isa ;)

Omg are u serious all THIS ...how can I ? it also depends on the specific thing I am writing ! maybe i wont be able to find all that on this particular topic ..
share one articles or give a written one as example :O

Reaction score
Omg are u serious all THIS ...how can I ? it also depends on the specific thing I am writing ! maybe i wont be able to find all that on this particular topic ..
share one articles or give a written one as example :O
Ta3berat adabya is wht ---> idioms ya3ni ?
yes i am serious, this is your way to an A*- work harder so your A* becomes easier to achieve
anyways, yes allah ynawar 3leki t3berat heya idioms zy t4beh w elbla8a w kda y3ni :p

Reaction score
yes i am serious, this is your way to an A*- work harder so your A* becomes easier to achieve
anyways, yes allah ynawar 3leki t3berat heya idioms zy t4beh w elbla8a w kda y3ni :p

ouh okaay ....this is so hard bl 3araby bs inshallah khier :)

Reaction score
to take lesser time in writing (t3ber) you have to
  • read the question carefully even if it takes 5 minute from your time
  • on a separate paper start writing main points related to that article(adv.,disadv,consequences.etc...), key words are just more than enough
  • start to write based on your keywords and you'll find it easier!
paper 2 is easy sis, but as i told you keep calm and try to manage your time by solving many pastpapers
estimated time for 1st question >>40-45min
2nd>>40-45min