• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applied ICT 9713- May/June 2012 Series

Reaction score
Hey I have A2 ICT practical this thursday.. do you guys have source files for any of the past papers? Cause I cant find source files for winter 2011 and nothing for year 2008 either.

Reaction score
Mine is also on thursday...so who has finished with thier practicals can help us also !!!

Reaction score
Well here is what you've all been waiting for....i had my As level Applied ICT practical today and let me tell you, it wasnt easy, though i dont have any files on the paper i still remember what kind of questions were in the paper. It was a shocker for me to see that nothing regarding the microsoft access(database) was asked :cry: which was my strong point but instead a whole page of formulas was given on some stupid lyryx band something.....atleast 55-59 marks worth of formula questions also including some font changes,style and graph was asked. http//www.rockitct.net was the site to download files from if i remember correctly. The main point is that they used Excel alot. While the second question was a coporative house style report on why and how we use validation and verification techniques, we had to show some images as well showing how we used the techniques(word limit below 500). This whole quesiton was worth 49 marks. The last question was a powerpoint presentation question, you had to make 4 slides with headings as specified in the paper which i dont really remember but we had to use hyperlink 2 or 3 times and link one of the slide to another slide, insert an image and link to an email address. Printout and screen shots of your work were required in all questions(whole practical paper was of 110 marks). Dont completely depend on this, revise on your own as well. I hope this helps you guys who have yet to give their applied ICT practical yet. Goodluck!(y)

Reaction score
Well here is what you've all been waiting for....i had my As level Applied ICT practical today and let me tell you, it wasnt easy, though i dont have any files on the paper i still remember what kind of questions were in the paper. It was a shocker for me to see that nothing regarding the microsoft access(database) was asked :cry: which was my strong point but instead a whole page of formulas was given on some stupid lyryx band something.....atleast 55-59 marks worth of formula questions also including some font changes,style and graph was asked. http//www.rockitct.net was the site to download files from if i remember correctly. The main point is that they used Excel alot. While the second question was a coporative house style report on why and how we use validation and verification techniques, we had to show some images as well showing how we used the techniques(word limit below 500). This whole quesiton was worth 49 marks. The last question was a powerpoint presentation question, you had to make 4 slides with headings as specified in the paper which i dont really remember but we had to use hyperlink 2 or 3 times and link one of the slide to another slide, insert an image and link to an email address. Printout and screen shots of your work were required in all questions(whole practical paper was of 110 marks). Dont completely depend on this, revise on your own as well. I hope this helps you guys who have yet to give their applied ICT practical yet. Goodluck!(y)
which country you from and wht varient did u get ?

Reaction score
@
black desk-also tell me whts the hardest part in excel was....tht wud be a big favour...is there in the question tht are not there in the previous question papers and in book aswell ?

Reaction score
can u plz remember frm which site u downloaded it frm??????????

Reaction score
Geesh! That difficult?! Oh My!!..
Could you please upload the files? I'll be waiting. Meanwhile, I'll try to reach the resources also..

Reaction score
how were the formulas in excel? was the IF and VLOOKUP formula difficult?

Reaction score
Well the IF fuction was the most difficult one as we had to place 3 IF function in one another to find out the number of trucks required for people between 1000 and 5000.... i dont remeber exactly what the whole question was but ill try to tell you as much as i remeber......also there was the Vlookup function to find the names,location and capacity from some J12VENUES file something....i listed the site from which i downloaded the files in my previous post but it seems it was removed as soon as the paper ended so i cant help you there :( The hardest part in excel to me was the IF function. I dont think there was anything new that wasnt included in the previous papers. P.s im from Pakistan :)

Reaction score
Well the IF fuction was the most difficult one as we had to place 3 IF function in one another to find out the number of trucks required for people between 1000 and 5000.... i dont remeber exactly what the whole question was but ill try to tell you as much as i remeber......also there was the Vlookup function to find the names,location and capacity from some J12VENUES file something....i listed the site from which i downloaded the files in my previous post but it seems it was removed as soon as the paper ended so i cant help you there :( The hardest part in excel to me was the IF function. I dont think there was anything new that wasnt included in the previous papers. P.s im from Pakistan :)

luckily i downloaded the j12venues file.
but its not of much help cus i dont know what the exact questions were...plus i only have the j12venues file..nothing else.
im really worried about the IF formula..if you remember what the formula was, do let me know :) thank you so much. hope the paper goes well :/

Reaction score
hey guys!!! try this link
ictjune2012.blogspot.com/2012/03/validation-and-verification.html

Reaction score
luckily i downloaded the j12venues file.
but its not of much help cus i dont know what the exact questions were...plus i only have the j12venues file..nothing else.
im really worried about the IF formula..if you remember what the formula was, do let me know :) thank you so much. hope the paper goes well :/

hey madan, can you send me the j12venues file if you can? i know its not gonna help me in anyway but yeah.. if you dont mind sending it! :)

Reaction score
hey madan, can you send me the j12venues file if you can? i know its not gonna help me in anyway but yeah.. if you dont mind sending it! :)
for some reason i cant upload it...give me your email id so i can email it to you.

Reaction score
Brap plzz can send file to my e-mail [email protected]
and i will let u know about the if function i got it but if this file is correct so 100% if function is ryt so plz send me the mail as soon sa i will check it out i will tell u abot the if function :)

Reaction score
Brap plzz can send file to my e-mail [email protected]
and i will let u know about the if function i got it but if this file is correct so 100% if function is ryt so plz send me the mail as soon sa i will check it out i will tell u abot the if function :)

shezy as u mentioned..ur A2 practical iz on thursday...as soon as u get over wid the task, can u inform wat was in da ppr ?? btw ur giving AS or A2??? :confused: