• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Apostasy and Blasphemy

How many of you agree upon punishing/killing blasphemers/apostates?

• Yes, apostates and blasphemers should be killed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, apostates and blasphemers should be punished if not killed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the freedom to express oneself and to change religion must be allowed

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Dark Destination

1. yes exactly, i do not support/accept the claim because there is isn't any evidence to accept it but i never claimed that there definitely isn't a god, put it another way, not accepting a claim is different from going on to use a contrary claim, however, in either case there is no circular reasoning in this, anyone wanting evidence does not accept the claim or in other words you do not have to accept a claim before rejecting it, otherwise every rejected hypothesis would be have been first accepted, for example in a peer review when researchers are considering/analyzing the methodology and the evidence presented they are NOT accepting it if they ultimately reject it

yes, i was born in a muslim family so before rejecting my faith i had to think to about it so the logical place to start was to see if their is any evidence to accept the existence of a god, yes, even not accepting a claim/or sitting on the fence, is a conclusion

2. because of our pattern seeking behavior see message # 8

3.the ones seen are in the hadiths, so not exactly evidence and it would be contrary to the quran, even if the quran would have said about the miracles it would still not classify as evidence
http://www.message4muslims.org.uk/the-quran/the-qurans-testimony/muhammad-perfomed-no-miracles/

I never said that you claimed there definitely isn't a God. But, you have made pretty clear that your current belief is that you don't believe in the existence of God, however, you fail to give even one piece of evidence to support your belief related to the non-existence of God. There are two sides to this argument. Either you believe god exists, or you believe he doesn't. And you lean towards the latter, and claim that to be the more logical belief, without giving any evidence at all!

All I am asking is that you give some evidence/logic.

I have multiple purposes in this life one of them is helping people think rationally, with evidence

You said you want to help people think "rationally". You yourself are not thinking rationally, and have absolutely no logic or evidence for believing that god doesn't exist.

Reaction score
just came here to say my opinion. although, i'm a muslim, i don't think that islam permits us to kill apostates. think about it...it's not mentioned clearly in the quran whether to kill them and if you use logic, why kill somebody who left religion but didn't commit horrible actions like murder. islamphobic people will regard killing apostates as true because it was mentioned in a hadith( unfortunately,i don't rememeber it fully) however, that hadith is not compatible with the quran so, we may consider that hadith as false. afterall, prophet muhammed (p.b.u.h) warned us,muslims, that in the future, there will be people making up false hadith(s) to persuade them to false beliefs and that hadith about killing apostates can be one of them
(sorry for bad englsih)

Reaction score
I never said that you claimed there definitely isn't a God. But, you have made pretty clear that your current belief is that you don't believe in the existence of God, however, you fail to give even one piece of evidence to support your belief related to the non-existence of God. There are two sides to this argument. Either you believe god exists, or you believe he doesn't. And you lean towards the latter, and claim that to be the more logical belief, without giving any evidence at all!

All I am asking is that you give some evidence/logic.

there are 3 sides in this, i sit on the one that says there is no evidence for either i.e. god's existence and non-existence

so your argument does not apply, i am not the one making a claim for either side, so i do not need to provide evidence

just because i am talking to people who have some religion and i tell them i do not follow religion because there isn't sufficient evidence for a god does NOT mean that i will not say the same to those who say that there is no god, if someone comes up to me and says "there is definitely no god", i will say the same thing where is your evidence, my position does not need evidence since i am sitting on the fence which is the 3rd position

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
there are 3 sides in this, i sit on the one that says there is no evidence for either i.e. god's existence and non-existence

so your argument does not apply, i am not the one making a claim for either side, so i do not need to provide evidence

just because i am talking to people who have some religion and i tell them i do not follow religion because there isn't sufficient evidence for a god does NOT mean that i will not say the same to those who say that there is no god, if someone comes up to me and says "there is definitely no god", i will say the same thing where is your evidence, my position does not need evidence since i am sitting on the fence which is the 3rd position
That means you aren't even clear. Because, as you said, you don't know whether or not God exists. So you're in search of an answer to this. Good luck

Reaction score
That means you aren't even clear. Because, as you said, you don't know whether or not God exists. So you're in search of an answer to this. Good luck
actually this position is pretty clear since it clearly asserts that neither side has any proof for their claim for or against a god or gods' existence, my position finds the argument irrelevant until either side is proven because in such an eventuality my position will have no grounds for being there
search for a god? no, search for knowledge? yes (this excludes religious texts), if that search for knowledge does indeed lead to irrefutable proof of a supernatural entity such as god then sure no problem

Last edited: