• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any Type of Doubts in ENg Phy Chem Bio or Math....Ask me here!!!

Reaction score
whats the difference between " write an article to your school magazine " AND "write an article to your local newspaper"? :cry:
Article to a school magazine has a bit of informal touch (but not completely informal) since u're writing to students of ur age who can relate..
on the other hand Article to a newspaper is completely formal and usually on a serious topic

Reaction score
9 Answer the whole of this question on a sheet of graph paper.
A taxi company has “SUPER” taxis and “MINI” taxis.
One morning a group of 45 people needs taxis.
For this group the taxi company uses x “SUPER” taxis and y “MINI” taxis.
A “SUPER” taxi can carry 5 passengers and a “MINI” taxi can carry 3 passengers.
So 5x + 3y 45.
(a) The taxi company has 12 taxis.
Write down another inequality in x and y to show this information. [1]
(b) The taxi company always uses at least 4 “MINI” taxis.
Write down an inequality in y to show this information. [1]
(c) Draw x and y axes from 0 to 15 using 1 cm to represent 1 unit on each axis. [1]
(d) Draw three lines on your graph to show the inequality 5x + 3y 45 and the inequalities from parts
(a) and (b).
Shade the unwanted regions. [6]
(e) The cost to the taxi company of using a “SUPER” taxi is $20 and the cost of using a “MINI” taxi is
$10.
The taxi company wants to find the cheapest way of providing “SUPER” and “MINI” taxis for this
group of people.
Find the two ways in which this can be done. [3]
(f) The taxi company decides to use 11 taxis for this group.
(i) The taxi company charges $30 for the use of each “SUPER” taxi and $16 for the use of each
“MINI” taxi.
Find the two possible total charges. [3]
(ii) Find the largest possible profit the company can make, using 11 taxis. [1] PLease help me Ill appreciate it
Since there can be a maximum of 12 taxis (a) will be x+y<=12
At least means a minimum of 4 mini taxis so (b) will be y>=4
(c) & (d) are basic graph drawing and shading
For part (e) thr equation to be formed will be 30x+16y ... now what u have to do is use ' trial and error' method.. From the shaded region u have to substitute values of x and y into the equation until u get the LOWEST possible value (only use integer values for x & y ... and the same way in part (f) aswell..
Hope I helped..!