• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevels PHYSICS PRACTICAL 34 Prediction.

Reaction score
hey,counting upon you to come up with chemistry 33 prediction.As your physics 33 prediction was spot on.

Reaction score
This seems really helpful (if y'all know what I mean) I still don't get the nails in the second one and I assume this one is for angle measurement being the dependent and the load being the independent? For the first one where is the nail we have to measure the number of curves and is this by any chance a wave experiment for the first time? anyway this is REALLY helpful. See if this can be done for chemistry 34 too or at least the type of questions to be expected.

Reaction score
I can surely trust her predictions but the last prediction amina1300 did of 33 physics practical was one day before the paper and this may tend anyone to believe, since paper gets leak, but this prediction is almost 2 weeks before. amina1300 can tell us more properly

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a water related practical this time ?
Extremely unlikely as both are mechanics and water is mostly preferred for waves but then there was a practical in the past about the speed of the flow of water from different heights IN a bottle with a hole.

Reaction score
Don't forget these free points I'm giving all of you to easily score marks in the limitations and improvements section
1)
Limitation=Not enough readings to arrive at a firm conclusion
Improvement=Take more readings AND plot a graph
2)
Limitation=Friction at the pulley
improvement=Lubricate
3)
Limitation=Difficulty holding protractor straight while measuring
Improvement=Clamp the protractor
4)
(DISPUTED/UNSURE)
Limitation=Length/diameter/thickness of nail too small to measure OR not uniform
Improvement= Use different apparatus such as micrometer to reduce uncertainty OR measure along the nail and average

EDIT 1
5)
Limitation= Difficulty in determining start and end of oscillation
Improvement= Use a Camera with a slow motion feature AND a timer and playback frame by frame
Note: Most candidates forget to include the timer but without it no marks are awarded as a timer is quintessential to measure start and end time
6)
Limitation=Oscillation affected by wind movement
Improvement=Use a wind shield
7)
Limitation=Parallax error while taking readings from a meter of some sort eg:-Newton Meter, Ammeter or a protractor fitted with a dial
Improvement=Use a mirror scale
8)
Limitation=The value of a quantity is very small so percentage uncertainty is high
Improvement=Take Multiple Readings and Calculate the Mean

Last edited:
Reaction score
guys is there any chances of getting light experiments
And is there anything special I'm supposed to know before the paper
Nd for the diagrams
The second diagram with springs I didn't really get it how its supposed to work
Nd whts exactly supposed to happen
Nd for the limitations are those applicable to both as in both moxed or for one
Can u try giving more limitations please..