• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A'level private studies guidance?

Reaction score
Wooh, finally here. Hello people, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I've just completed my Olevels and now want to move onto Alevels. But I want to do it privately. The reason for this is that most of the Alevel schools are very far from where I live and the distance would be an inconvenience. Furthermore, good and reputable Alevel schools are expensive.
Can any of you give advice on how I should proceed? (any good institutions, teachers or even reasonable schools) And what is your opinion on online classes? and do you think anyone could do these studies independantly? (subjects like psychology, sociology, history)
Help wold really be appreciated, thankyou!

PS, if it helps, I've got 4A*, 3A and a B in Olevels science section.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a student who just finished doing the exact same thing you're describing. I can offer my experience and what I learned and I'll try to present it free from any bias if it helps you in making your decision. People who are not giving their papers on their own may find this helpful too. A year ago, I was in a similar situation to you, the only difference being I had just done 9 subjects(science section) and gotten 2A*s, 4As, 3 B's.

The subjects I gave for my AS level were Phys, Maths and Chem(I just got my result back of A, C, C respectively. I should mention I'm confused as hell about my chem result but that's just residual grief from today). I didn't take any tuition or had any teachers besides myself and online resources. Sometimes I didn't even have the textbooks on hand that I needed.

I will say without any dishonesty, my poor result was mostly my fault. I didn't have much supervision, just vague reminders to study from my mum. Most of the time I actually spent studying was when the pressure started piling on(i started getting more and more diligent from Jan-Feb onward as time ran out). If you do do this on your own, have active reinforcement to your study schedule. Start early. Even if you stop reading now, please don't underestimate the importance of this point. The stress and pressure get intense as it goes on. I didn't sleep for multiple days straight during my actual AS exams.

Don't trust yourself on promises you make for the future. Never put off any thing for tomorrow that you can do today. One I learned was that we tend to put things off to tomorrow because somehow we always perpetually think of ourselves as this wonderful person in the future who will finish all the work we pile on him. This is not true. Assume future-you is a lazy unreliable piece of crap. You are going to be just as lazy then as you are right now. The only time you should put things off is when you're actually too tired to continue. Pace yourself, like a good runner in a 4000m dash. Don't overexert and burn yourself out but don't underexert either or you'll have too much to make up.

If you study on your own, you have to be responsible. You have to have a sense of duty. I wasn't and I didn't... I fell prey to all sorts of distractions all year long until the deadlines came close and I became more and more serious. And I learned... inshallah I won't pay the price as I move forward in life. If you think you can't deal with distractions, than don't even attempt this. Tell your parents to be extra watchful of you. I don't have the option to regive these papers, and I knew that. If you do this alone, don't assume re-giving is an option. It makes you lazy and prone to give up when you hit a brick wall.

Another point about studying on your own: YOU WILL HIT DEAD-ENDS. You will simply not understand things. It will be extremely frustrating getting through the syllabus alone. You will find yourself staring at a single problem for hours and simply not get it. I've been bad at maths my whole life, and AS level math was torture for me. I shudder to think about A level maths(I'm going to get tuition this time though). My approach was I took my syllabus pdfs and highlighted each point in it as I got through them. By the time it was exam time, they were all yellow. You need good books that explain well, and the ability to pick up a concept just by reading it. I also used online videos and various other resources until I got it.

There are two methods that usually got me past a dead-end: 1) bruteforce: there's nothing in your course that's too advanced for your level. Invest enough time and try enough approaches, and you will inevitably understand. Assume this is true. This takes lots of time and dedication. not everyone can or should do this. I actually think(though im not justified to say with my grades) that I formed a better understanding of the syllabus than my peers since I actually thought through it. Your experience may vary. 2) find help. I say, get tuitions. There is no absolutely no substitute for a teacher. Find one and respect them, and hound them at every opportunity with your problem areas. They can't say no, and they will appreciate seeing you putting in effort. If I were a teacher, I would relish having a student like that. If you can't find one, find substitutes. I used to ask my friends, and since I was pretty tech savvy, I also found helpful online sources for any and every question I had. For example:

reddit.com/r/homeworkhelp

I used to screenshot past paper questions all the time, upload them to image hosting(like imgur) and ask my question there and someone would explain to me helpful approaches to the question usually within a few hours. No one ever gives you a straight answer, they explain how to get one, so its even better. Be warned, that link includes all levels and all curriculum of the world, and its individuals answering so the answer might sometimes be wrong(I estimate 3% of time they were wrong, but their approach was helpful anyway).

Lastly, examine your reasons for going privately. Mine were financial, it looks like yours is more or less that too. Consider the fact that you are losing out on the social aspect of school for two years as well. This is a big factor. It gets lonely on your own. If this is truly okay with you (and don't even pretend you're not going to regret it later on) then and only then should you go for skipping alevels altogether. I thought I was ready to make that sacrifice at first, but I really did get sad and resentful during last year with limited social interaction. I also found out who my real friends were, who found ways to meet up even when they didn't have to in school or whatever. I also used the time I got free from school to truly learn to enjoy being in my own company.

I used my new found free time to take up drawing. I can make pretty good sketches now. I'm learning a new language. I took up running and meditation and put in time to develop my writing abilities and english vocabulary. I plan on learning piano if I get the opportunity someday inshallah. And I discovered that I have a great passion for seeing new sights. I'm really interested in finding a career that lets me travel. So yeah, I don't think it was time wasted.

I didn't get any certificates. But I think I didn't waste my time either. I only wish I had been more diligent throughout rather than just toward the beginning of exams.

I'm not trying to make not attending an A level institution at all sound more appealing just because that's what I did. I'm giving my opinion and views in hindsight on what my experience was. Take it how you will. If you have any questions, go ahead.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a student who just finished doing the exact same thing you're describing. I can offer my experience and what I learned and I'll try to present it free from any bias if it helps you in making your decision. People who are not giving their papers on their own may find this helpful too. A year ago, I was in a similar situation to you, the only difference being I had just done 9 subjects(science section) and gotten 2A*s, 4As, 3 B's.

The subjects I gave for my AS level were Phys, Maths and Chem(I just got my result back of A, C, C respectively. I should mention I'm confused as hell about my chem result but that's just residual grief from today). I didn't take any tuition or had any teachers besides myself and online resources. Sometimes I didn't even have the textbooks on hand that I needed.

I will say without any dishonesty, my poor result was mostly my fault. I didn't have much supervision, just vague reminders to study from my mum. Most of the time I actually spent studying was when the pressure started piling on(i started getting more and more diligent from Jan-Feb onward as time ran out). If you do do this on your own, have active reinforcement to your study schedule. Start early. Even if you stop reading now, please don't underestimate the importance of this point. The stress and pressure get intense as it goes on. I didn't sleep for multiple days straight during my actual AS exams.

Don't trust yourself on promises you make for the future. Never put off any thing for tomorrow that you can do today. One I learned was that we tend to put things off to tomorrow because somehow we always perpetually think of ourselves as this wonderful person in the future who will finish all the work we pile on him. This is not true. Assume future-you is a lazy unreliable piece of crap. You are going to be just as lazy then as you are right now. The only time you should put things off is when you're actually too tired to continue. Pace yourself, like a good runner in a 4000m dash. Don't overexert and burn yourself out but don't underexert either or you'll have too much to make up.

If you study on your own, you have to be responsible. You have to have a sense of duty. I wasn't and I didn't... I fell prey to all sorts of distractions all year long until the deadlines came close and I became more and more serious. And I learned... inshallah I won't pay the price as I move forward in life. If you think you can't deal with distractions, than don't even attempt this. Tell your parents to be extra watchful of you. I don't have the option to regive these papers, and I knew that. If you do this alone, don't assume re-giving is an option. It makes you lazy and prone to give up when you hit a brick wall.

Another point about studying on your own: YOU WILL HIT DEAD-ENDS. You will simply not understand things. It will be extremely frustrating getting through the syllabus alone. You will find yourself staring at a single problem for hours and simply not get it. I've been bad at maths my whole life, and AS level math was torture for me. I shudder to think about A level maths(I'm going to get tuition this time though). My approach was I took my syllabus pdfs and highlighted each point in it as I got through them. By the time it was exam time, they were all yellow. You need good books that explain well, and the ability to pick up a concept just by reading it. I also used online videos and various other resources until I got it.

There are two methods that usually got me past a dead-end: 1) bruteforce: there's nothing in your course that's too advanced for your level. Invest enough time and try enough approaches, and you will inevitably understand. Assume this is true. This takes lots of time and dedication. not everyone can or should do this. I actually think(though im not justified to say with my grades) that I formed a better understanding of the syllabus than my peers since I actually thought through it. Your experience may vary. 2) find help. I say, get tuitions. There is no absolutely no substitute for a teacher. Find one and respect them, and hound them at every opportunity with your problem areas. They can't say no, and they will appreciate seeing you putting in effort. If I were a teacher, I would relish having a student like that. If you can't find one, find substitutes. I used to ask my friends, and since I was pretty tech savvy, I also found helpful online sources for any and every question I had. For example:

I used to screenshot past paper questions all the time, upload them to image hosting(like imgur) and ask my question there and someone would explain to me helpful approaches to the question usually within a few hours. No one ever gives you a straight answer, they explain how to get one, so its even better. Be warned, that link includes all levels and all curriculum of the world, and its individuals answering so the answer might sometimes be wrong(I estimate 3% of time they were wrong, but their approach was helpful anyway).

Lastly, examine your reasons for going privately. Mine were financial, it looks like yours is more or less that too. Consider the fact that you are losing out on the social aspect of school for two years as well. This is a big factor. It gets lonely on your own. If this is truly okay with you (and don't even pretend you're not going to regret it later on) then and only then should you go for skipping alevels altogether. I thought I was ready to make that sacrifice at first, but I really did get sad and resentful during last year with limited social interaction. I also found out who my real friends were, who found ways to meet up even when they didn't have to in school or whatever. I also used the time I got free from school to truly learn to enjoy being in my own company.

I used my new found free time to take up drawing. I can make pretty good sketches now. I'm learning a new language. I took up running and meditation and put in time to develop my writing abilities and english vocabulary. I plan on learning piano if I get the opportunity someday inshallah. And I discovered that I have a great passion for seeing new sights. I'm really interested in finding a career that lets me travel. So yeah, I don't think it was time wasted.

I didn't get any certificates. But I think I didn't waste my time either. I only wish I had been more diligent throughout rather than just toward the beginning of exams.

I'm not trying to make not attending an A level institution at all sound more appealing just because that's what I did. I'm giving my opinion and views in hindsight on what my experience was. Take it how you will. If you have any questions, go ahead.

Thanks, I needed this.
Will you be retaking the one's in which you got a C?

Reaction score

i cudnt stop reading lol :D ....i feel motivated...:p btw try writing a book....i think ur a gud writer....:)

Reaction score

Thankyou Brother! Your detailed post helped me alot and it is really appreciated that you took time to answer. I'm going through much the same as you did. And I completely agree with you in the distraction sector and the 'being responsible' part and even missing the social interaction. I do have a few questions though.
1. Did you ever feel the need to take tuitions during this time period when you couldnt get through some patches? I want to do it on my own, my chemistry teacher advised it, but most of my collegues think its not possible.
2. Do you think that if you had been diligent enough you would have achieved a higher result? (though yours was good, I'm impressed by it :) )
3. How did you manage your time and study hours at home?
4. Did you use any particular set of recommended books or any that you could get your hands on?
5. What online resources did you use?

I would really appreciate it of you could take time to answer these queries. Thankyou already :D
PS, I agree with
i cudnt stop reading lol :D ....i feel motivated...:p btw trying writing a book....i think ur a gud writer....:)
You do write good. I've read your response more than once. :)

Reaction score
i just finished doing As and i got my result..i appeared for two subjects in may/june ..maths and chemistry...and i got really really bad grades..E n U...so now i have realized that maths and chemistry and physics..were never really my subjects..i just went for them coz i got good grades in olevels...i don't have any interest in these subjects..i know its obviously late for me to take this decision but i want to change my subjects and start a levels again..as in repeat As...i have decided to take english literature, psychology and sociology or business studies (haven't decided which one to finalize yet among sociology and business studies) anyway i like these subjects..but the thing is..i want to do a levels privately now...i wont go to any college this time..coz of financial problems...but i will join a good academy in the evening..atleast its a lil cheaper in fee than colleges...now my plan is...if i work hard and get good grades in As then i will appear for A2 papers the same year in oct/nov...IA i'll be able to manage..so is it possible? i really need help please..will the british council still count my this year As result?

Reaction score
I'm terribly terribly sorry about my late response. I'm now giving my A2's. And to the person who asked, sadly, no, I'm not regiving the ones I recieved a C in. Like I mentioned, I knew that I wouldn't get that chance when I started so its easier to accept, I guess. I just hope I can make them B's(or A's if I'm lucky Inshallah) now. It seems really daunting because I've dallied quite a bit again and I'm still in the same situation as last year(private candidate). But I'm confident I can make up if I really try. That's something you just have to believe.

Thankyou Brother! Your detailed post helped me alot and it is really appreciated that you took time to answer. I'm going through much the same as you did. And I completely agree with you in the distraction sector and the 'being responsible' part and even missing the social interaction. I do have a few questions though.
1. Did you ever feel the need to take tuitions during this time period when you couldnt get through some patches? I want to do it on my own, my chemistry teacher advised it, but most of my collegues think its not possible.
2. Do you think that if you had been diligent enough you would have achieved a higher result? (though yours was good, I'm impressed by it :) )
3. How did you manage your time and study hours at home?
4. Did you use any particular set of recommended books or any that you could get your hands on?
5. What online resources did you use?

I would really appreciate it of you could take time to answer these queries. Thankyou already :D
PS, I agree with
You do write good. I've read your response more than once. :)

1) Yes, yes I did. In fact, I used to get panic attacks as the exam days came closer on learning objectives I just couldn't seem to understand. Especially in maths. But like I mentioned before, if you keep at it, even without help, you will get through. Because what you learn in A levels is thoroughly vetted to be just advanced enough for your level, and not an inch beyond it. Try new approaches, start from scratch, grind that problem to hell and you'll get it. Eventually you will. I guarantee it.

Tenacity is a prerequisite. Help is a luxury. There is no path of least resistance when you're doing it alone. So toughen up. If you think you can give up on anything after failing less than at least three dozen times, you're wasting your time by even putting in the first attempt.

You might think that there isn't enough time in a day to do this sort of approach, and certainly not enough time in the days left to grind like this and still finish your syllabi. I respectfully disagree. There is. You can get a lot done in just 4-5 solid productive hours per day for 3 months straight, even starting from basically scratch. You can get an A, C, C at least.

As for what your teacher and colleagues advised, your colleagues are speaking from the perspective of a student. They're looking at a challenge they haven't done, and it seems daunting to them. Your teacher is speaking from the perspective of someone who's faced it, and beaten it. They're looking at your course in hindsight. They know that it never was as hard as it seemed.

I once asked my chem teacher in O levels what grade he'd get if he took the exam right then and there, without studying. I asked if he thought he could manage an A*. He said he'd get a world distinction. He said kids are idiots in how they make such a big deal out of it. That looking back on even his young self, he says he was lazy. At the time, I thought he was just being cocky or arrogant. Or maybe he was just naturally good at it(because I'd never really known him to get anything wrong or be unable to answer anything immediately). But looking back on it, O level chem was cake. He was right. If I took it now, without studying, I'd get an A at least. And if I really tried... I might possibly even attempt a regional distinction.

2) Yes, I would've. I know I would've. And that's a terrible, terrible feeling, MarsOnEarth... It's like stones in your heart. It's worse than failing when you know you didn't have a chance. Don't make my mistake. Its December now. I basically started in late Jan-Early Feb. You have a two month lead over me. You can do it! You CAN! Just study! Build your momentum from the very beginning and just keep it going.

And keep this golden rule in mind. >>>Your pace of studying should be just as feverish at the beginning as it is at the end. <<< Whether its in the exam itself(don't work leisurely at paper start and really fast at paper end) or its during your prep, your pace of work should be steady, desperate and feverish, from start to finish. Don't reserve your best for only the last stretch. Apply the same level of ambition to everything.

The only difference between you and the savants in your class who score straight A*'s, is they work harder than you, and they have a better, more consistent work ethic. They put in the work well in advance while everyone else just piles in their hours at the end. Most people work the same, but the well-paced guys always seem to win. And then everyone just uses that crappy cop-out that "they're gifted", and "they just do it without trying". Bullshit. They were trying 2 years ago in Class 9 while you were failing O level physics and now they seem to effortlessly get everything in A levels and you don't because you're still screwing up O level physics.

Lots of research papers have produced pretty convincing evidence that people who cram at the end simply forget their subject material after the relevant exams and have difficulty in subsequent classes because they have to re-learn everything they forget(and they also note that people assume that they know previous material just because they passed an exam and tend to not bother refreshing themselves at all, winging it on what they know now). People who pace themselves tend to remember the same material and continue to perform well on those same exams dramatically longer. As well as perform better in subsequent classes without having to work as hard.

3) That's sort of different from the way I did it. I didn't count hours. There was no limit to how much or how little time I'd spend in a day. I just set daily goals for myself. Like I'd read through this chapter in a certain book today and do all the test your understanding questions or all the exercises in this chapter. Or sometimes I'd set myself a section of http://www.chemguide.co.uk or http://www.khanacademy.org/ or similar site. I'd often fail. But you know what they say, right? Shoot for the stars, and even if you miss... well, you know the rest. Also, its worth noting, I didn't skip days. Aside from most of the period from June to Jan, I hardly missed any opportunity to put in overtime(more than 3 hours solid work per day).

4) For physics, there's this great book: Cambridge International AS Level and A Level Physics Coursebook with CD-ROM (Cambridge International Examinations) by David Sang, Graham Jones, Richard Woodside and Gurinder Chadha.
http://www.openisbn.com/isbn/0521183081/ <<< this is the cover. I have the paper back version but don't how to find a free pdf. Its a very good book and I found just by reading each chapter as explained, I could get a good grasp without any teacher's help. You may need to re-read sometimes to be clear but overall its an outstanding book. Make sure you do all the "test your understanding" questions. The chapter end questions don't seem to have answers though. Do those through redspot solved past papers instead. I'll link a thread that has the included CDROM ripped for download. That CDROM is also a bit helpful and a good little additional aid to have. Use it alongside the book, chapter to chapter:

https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...vel-physics-coursebook-cd-rom-download.13423/

For chemistry, I found absolutely no substitute to this marvelous website: http://www.chemguide.co.uk
Honourable mention to http://www.khanacademy.org. After forming understanding on each assessment object one by one, use redspot past papers thoroughly to revise each chapter. What I couldn't understand no matter what, I used that reddit homeworkhelp forum and xtremepapers.

EDIT: This book. Its really well compiled, with great explanations. REALLY. GET IT IF YOU CAN. You can find the CD-ROM for end of chapter questions and extras through xtremepapers. Outstanding resource

For Maths, well, I basically just grinded through as many questions as I could. The books I used I wouldn't inflict on anyone. Neil and Quadling, P1 and M1 books. Mostly though, I just studied by crossing off assessment objectives from various sources(google is your friend) and then as many past papers as I could. Before I gave my CIE paper, I attempted about 4-5 past papers each for every component, and 3 for maths per component. That's 4-5 past papers, not 4-5 years worth of them. I'm not proud of it, I don't imagine I'm scoring points by showing off on a basically anonymous message forum, and in the practical world what I did is just a below average grade anyway. I'm just saying this to let you know that you can do better than me.

I only did 4 past papers per component after plowing through all chapters and assessment objectives alone and I still got A, C, C.

You're better than me. You can do far more. Just attempt 10(or more! Do it!) past papers after forming a good understanding of source material and you'll leave me in the dust by kilometers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i just finished doing As and i got my result..i appeared for two subjects in may/june ..maths and chemistry...and i got really really bad grades..E n U...so now i have realized that maths and chemistry and physics..were never really my subjects..i just went for them coz i got good grades in olevels...i don't have any interest in these subjects..i know its obviously late for me to take this decision but i want to change my subjects and start a levels again..as in repeat As...i have decided to take english literature, psychology and sociology or business studies (haven't decided which one to finalize yet among sociology and business studies) anyway i like these subjects..but the thing is..i want to do a levels privately now...i wont go to any college this time..coz of financial problems...but i will join a good academy in the evening..atleast its a lil cheaper in fee than colleges...now my plan is...if i work hard and get good grades in As then i will appear for A2 papers the same year in oct/nov...IA i'll be able to manage..so is it possible? i really need help please..will the british council still count my this year As result?

I definitely think if you were forced to take subjects you didn't want to, you'll suffer a bit. But I think it has benefits to know why. A lot of us have trouble in such subjects because previous difficulty compounds when you approach more advanced topics(knowledge is like a a house of cards, if your base is shaky and the cards aren't crisp, you're going to get tremendously frustrated trying to build up. And looking around seeing everyone else's cards standing straight. It feels like something is wrong. That we're simply not getting it or that we can't get it in the same way they can. That's sort of right, actually. But its because your cards aren't cooperating. Its like you took a wrong turn a long while back and now you don't know where you are or where to go). The only way to fix this is to revisit earlier classes and get your understanding of basics in order, and work from there. There's no shame in this. You won't succeed without them and nobody is ever interested in a subject they don't succeed in. I'm not trying to make you second guess your choice to leave those subjects, but to let you know of a mistake you may be able to fix the next time around, with these new ones. Because if you're switching to these subjects, you should be extra wary of any part of them you don't understand the background material of(because you've never studied it).

When you switch to literature, psych and socio/b. stds., work from the ground up. Perfect everything. And then perfect it further. Read everything related. Diversify your sources. And then practice using that knowledge. Critically examine yourself and your work before you present it to CIE. ACE that AS level. Its not always about the hours you put in, but the quality of the hours you put in. CIE is testing both your cards as well as the top story of your house of cards.

I also think you shouldn't rush yourself by taking A2's in Oct/Nov. Fine, you're one year behind. No offence, but big deal. Do it again. If you take it in Oct/Nov, you'll find it very hard to get the grade you can possibly reach after a year's worth of sustained A2 work. If you think its too much time wasted, then take up anything you can that will benefit you over the long term. Write. Learn an instrument, a sport, a skill. Get job experience. Take up English Language as an extra subject. But for god's sake, don't cram A2 Literature, Psych, b.stds and socio into the 3 months between July to Oct... Its not impossible, but only if you acquire and hone an incredible work ethic and the accompanying stamina for it(not to mention, a lot of very good help). It isn't often that people attempt to suddenly push themselves like this and succeed. And even rarer that they do and manage to get good results. My sincere advice to you: take longer but do it right.

As an aside, here's a tremendously helpful resource for you(I use it alot myself): Reddit's "explainlikeImfive". Don't let the name put you off. Its a place where you can ask any question about any difficult or technical topic and have it explained in an easy to understand manner by people who know more about it. Almost as if you were five. The basic philosophy there is Einstein's classic attitude to science "If you can't explain something simply, you just don't understand it well enough". You should use the search function to browse previously asked questions and beware, they're big grammar nazi's...
http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive

Reaction score
I would like to salute u for all u have written for us and which has motivated many of us in start studying from now .

Reaction score
dont know what to say wanna ask that one do A level's privately do it make difficult for one self to get admission in universities especially related to sci.. field both locally and international ????

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on this website and I'm going to appear for my As levels physics chemistry and mathematics this nov 2014, just wanted to know if anyone is taking tuitions for these subjects please let me know as I would like to take tuitions and if your searching for tuitions just let me know cause I know a good teacher for physics and chemistry but there aren't enough students and he'll start the batch once he has 3/4 students.

So guys please help me out here.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I am private A level student and I am to going appear for physics , biology and chemistry . Is it possible to appear for as and A level papers at the same time . I mean all five papers of each subject in one session . Is it compulsory to appear for paper 3 or do you have a choice ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I am private A level student and I am to going appear for physics , biology and chemistry . Is it possible to appear for as and A level papers at the same time . I mean all five papers of each subject in one session . Is it compulsory to appear for paper 3 or do you have a choice ?
u can give all the 5 papers in the same session but i dont think u have a choice to drop p3!

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. :D
I have completed my AS levels in a private school here.
Got 2As 1C and 1D.
now, want to do A levels privately through british council.
i am opting for only 1 Subject that is BUSINESS STUDIES as an ALEVEL SUBJECT. Is my this decison right?
Also, i went through pastpapers of Bus. for some years for Alevel there are 2 papers for which we have to appear paper 3 +4.
However, in some there is only paper 3 , can some1 guide me for this as well.
Would be really thankful.

Reaction score
Wooh, finally here. Hello people, I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I've just completed my Olevels and now want to move onto Alevels. But I want to do it privately. The reason for this is that most of the Alevel schools are very far from where I live and the distance would be an inconvenience. Furthermore, good and reputable Alevel schools are expensive.
Can any of you give advice on how I should proceed? (any good institutions, teachers or even reasonable schools) And what is your opinion on online classes? and do you think anyone could do these studies independantly? (subjects like psychology, sociology, history)
Help wold really be appreciated, thankyou!

PS, if it helps, I've got 4A*, 3A and a B in Olevels science section.
I am online tutor,u are welcome

Reaction score
if u
i just finished doing As and i got my result..i appeared for two subjects in may/june ..maths and chemistry...and i got really really bad grades..E n U...so now i have realized that maths and chemistry and physics..were never really my subjects..i just went for them coz i got good grades in olevels...i don't have any interest in these subjects..i know its obviously late for me to take this decision but i want to change my subjects and start a levels again..as in repeat As...i have decided to take english literature, psychology and sociology or business studies (haven't decided which one to finalize yet among sociology and business studies) anyway i like these subjects..but the thing is..i want to do a levels privately now...i wont go to any college this time..coz of financial problems...but i will join a good academy in the evening..atleast its a lil cheaper in fee than colleges...now my plan is...if i work hard and get good grades in As then i will appear for A2 papers the same year in oct/nov...IA i'll be able to manage..so is it possible? i really need help please..will the british council still count my this year As result?[/QUOTE
If u do hardwork,then I can help u for Physics dear ..

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on this website and I'm going to appear for my As levels physics chemistry and mathematics this nov 2014, just wanted to know if anyone is taking tuitions for these subjects please let me know as I would like to take tuitions and if your searching for tuitions just let me know cause I know a good teacher for physics and chemistry but there aren't enough students and he'll start the batch once he has 3/4 students.

So guys please help me out here.

Thanks.
Hi,
I am giving onlines physics classes for A level.if u want,get my classes..

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to help anybody else who wants to study privately. Please read the posts I made above.