• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICT P2 2013 May/June

Reaction score
Just finished the paper, don't ask me to reveal it, just take the hints I can give.
So the paper was easy overall, personally I had a really good paper Alhumdulillah. A lot of stuff was new, as in I didn't see it in previous 3 years papers. But still quite easy if you keep calm and try to solve it instead of panicking. One thing for me was that I found some of the things they asked really confusing and they were actually but then again because of that they will give you the benefit of doubt. All I can advice others is that try to study from other resources than past paper ( but that doesn't mean don't do any past paper but just do a few) like some good books or websites. It's not lengthy so you'll have plenty of time just stay calm.
Best of luck to all of you, May Allah help you all.

p.s. I don't think I violated any rule but if I did, don't ban me mods just remove the thread and I will understand. :)

Reaction score
To be honest.

All you need to do is offer prayer and thank Allah for all the knowledge and wisdom he has provided you with. Go through the AS and A Levels Applied ICT book once .. Wake up early, offer the Fajr prayers and I am sure that an A in the paper 2 component is within your reach. :)

Reaction score
MindStealth I like ur screen name :) hey what do you mean "new" and confusing can you give us a example ?? I am really confused :(

Reaction score
MindStealth I like ur screen name :) hey what do you mean "new" and confusing can you give us a example ?? I am really confused :(
Lets just say some of the stuff is not what usually your teacher would teach or you would study yourself because I didn't come in any paper for the last 3 years, maybe more but I didn't see more papers. It's the stuff most students just skip because it doesn't seem like it would ever be in exam.
By confusing I mean they used a lot of vague terms and some weird steps like printing same thing twice it was weird but forget about that, as syed1995 said Pray to Allah. Just remember besides all the new things and stuff easy nothing brain storming.

Reaction score
Plus i heard that one validation rule was really confusing as I don't know validation very much :( can you teach it to me now (y) plz plz plz...

Reaction score
Hey Stealth is the graham brown ict book ( black colour) good enough or other resources you could recommend ?

Reaction score
Just finished the paper, don't ask me to reveal it, just take the hints I can give.
So the paper was easy overall, personally I had a really good paper Alhumdulillah. A lot of stuff was new, as in I didn't see it in previous 3 years papers. But still quite easy if you keep calm and try to solve it instead of panicking. One thing for me was that I found some of the things they asked really confusing and they were actually but then again because of that they will give you the benefit of doubt. All I can advice others is that try to study from other resources than past paper ( but that doesn't mean don't do any past paper but just do a few) like some good books or websites. It's not lengthy so you'll have plenty of time just stay calm.
Best of luck to all of you, May Allah help you all.

p.s. I don't think I violated any rule but if I did, don't ban me mods just remove the thread and I will understand. :)
Should i study theory as well? I know there is an essay , but usage of internet is not allowed

Reaction score
Are we seriously allowed to use the Internet? Does it say we can in the syllabus or something?

Reaction score
Has anyone given the ict paper 2 2013 yet? plz help me. i need to know what all is coming like.. excel? word? access? ppt?

Reaction score
Lets just say some of the stuff is not what usually your teacher would teach or you would study yourself because I didn't come in any paper for the last 3 years, maybe more but I didn't see more papers. It's the stuff most students just skip because it doesn't seem like it would ever be in exam.
By confusing I mean they used a lot of vague terms and some weird steps like printing same thing twice it was weird but forget about that, as syed1995 said Pray to Allah. Just remember besides all the new things and stuff easy nothing brain storming.
like what give an example....by the way what is the essay subject about for word

Reaction score
Are we seriously allowed to use the Internet? Does it say we can in the syllabus or something?

Yes it's allowed. One of our chapters in practical itself is based on evaluating internet resources and using the search engine.

"We encourage you to allow candidates to access ‘live’ internet and email wherever possible.
Prepare an alternative to this in case of server failure or connection problems. Tell the
candidates what the alternative arrangements are for sending emails, using the internet and
accessing files before the test starts. "

It is a little vague, but still it provides you with the knowledge that internet is allowed in the test.

From the 2011 "Procedures for conducting Cambridge International A Level Applied ICT practical tests June 2011 exams series"

You can download the above file from the XPF June 11 Source files..

Hey Stealth is the graham brown ict book ( black colour) good enough or other resources you could recommend ?

Yea that should be enough. Although I'd encourage you to watch tutorial videos on youtube about Microsoft Office.. they help a lot.

Reaction score
syed1995 have you given the exam I heard the validation was hard and different is it? and about the report in word was it easy?