• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICT (9713) Paper 4 23rd March 2016 Doubts

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to ask some questions about today's paper.

Had a bit of uncertainty and confusion among my peers on the "Overdue Report" question. Were you supposed to use today's date in the calculation of "Number of days overdue" or were you supposed to use the date that was provided in the database?

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you so much for your time.

Reaction score
I believe we had to use the dates provided in the paper. Why? For the simple reason that some of our friends over in New Zealand and India had to do the paper earlier. They would have been using a different date in that case, which makes their answers completely different from ours.

So to keep things uniform, everyone would be using the dates provided on the paper. It even said in the question, the days overdue from the date the order was placed and the date it is required by.

That's just my take on it, if anyone did use today's date, don't worry about it, we don't know who's right yet.

Also, I've been told that some of the dates for the date required column were past todays date too, so that also factors in to consideration, unless you consider having negative overdue days...

Reaction score
Xylferion, that was my exact argument. Using today's date would just complicate the mark scheme and would lead to so many controversies. I also used the dates provided on the paper, but some of my friends were arguing about using today's date. I guess we'll just have to wait to check who's right.

Thanks for your response! :)

Reaction score
I also used order date but what my friend said was that filter all those dates that were beyond that date which was 23 march in order to use this date but i guess they would have told us.

Reaction score
I believe we had to use the dates provided in the paper. Why? For the simple reason that some of our friends over in New Zealand and India had to do the paper earlier. They would have been using a different date in that case, which makes their answers completely different from ours.

So to keep things uniform, everyone would be using the dates provided on the paper. It even said in the question, the days overdue from the date the order was placed and the date it is required by.

That's just my take on it, if anyone did use today's date, don't worry about it, we don't know who's right yet.

Also, I've been told that some of the dates for the date required column were past todays date too, so that also factors in to consideration, unless you consider having negative overdue days...
Bro, are those friends of yours giving P4 S17? If so, can you let me know. +966 50 595 2968 is my number.