• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice from my experience!

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
As an O/A-level student, and now Alhumdulillah a medical student after a lot of struggle I decided to make this post, in hopes that it may help someone.

• First of all, apply EVERYWHERE. Literally, do not leave any school.
    I know you might think that you might get in, but because there is so much competition, it's better to not take any risks.
    Even if you don't like a particular college, apply.
  • Academies are a waste of time.
    I was sat there at academies, not knowing anything.
    The teachers merely revise the things these fsc students have spent 2 years studying, and then they take daily tests and do questions.
    If you want the academies to help you, go only after you've read all the 6 fsc book.
    AS students, use your summer break to read the fsc books, I'm telling you that it will help.
  • Read the fsc books thorougly, and make questions whilst reading.
    Learn the values especially.
  • Don't let people bring you down, because there will be plenty of people who will tell you that you can't do it, but what's meant to be, will be. :)
Good luck guys!

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
As an O/A-level student, and now Alhumdulillah a medical student after a lot of struggle I decided to make this post, in hopes that it may help someone.

• First of all, apply EVERYWHERE. Literally, do not leave any school.
    I know you might think that you might get in, but because there is so much competition, it's better to not take any risks.
    Even if you don't like a particular college, apply.
  • Academies are a waste of time.
    I was sat there at academies, not knowing anything.
    The teachers merely revise the things these fsc students have spent 2 years studying, and then they take daily tests and do questions.
    If you want the academies to help you, go only after you've read all the 6 fsc book.
    AS students, use your summer break to read the fsc books, I'm telling you that it will help.
  • Read the fsc books thorougly, and make questions whilst reading.
    Learn the values especially.
  • Don't let people bring you down, because there will be plenty of people who will tell you that you can't do it, but what's meant to be, will be. :)
Good luck guys!
Can private A Level students appear in mcat ? and further into government medical colleges ?

Reaction score
Ofcourse they can. Everyone can apply for Mcat after Alevels. If youre appearing for fall '16
Give Alevels and then Mcat in summer. Whatever the date is. You get the result very very soon. Now since medical colleges announce their acceptances in nov I guess, You will have your equivalence by then.

Reaction score
Ofcourse they can. Everyone can apply for Mcat after Alevels. If youre appearing for fall '16
Give Alevels and then Mcat in summer. Whatever the date is. You get the result very very soon. Now since medical colleges announce their acceptances in nov I guess, You will have your equivalence by then.
The "private candidate" thing is confusing me. I just got to know that we are required to give a "Hope Certificate" to appear for MCAT. As we private candidates are not in any school, its not possible for us to give a hope certificate. Do u know anything about this thing?

Reaction score
The "private candidate" thing is confusing me. I just got to know that we are required to give a "Hope Certificate" to appear for MCAT. As we private candidates are not in any school, its not possible for us to give a hope certificate. Do u know anything about this thing?
then u can get it from your respective board office

Reaction score
then u can get it from your respective board office
Board office? i am doing a levels... i don't know about any board offices/hope certificates etc
From your message i get that private candidates can get a hope certificate from a board office? what is a board office for a level private candidates?

Reaction score
Board office? i am doing a levels... i don't know about any board offices/hope certificates etc
From your message i get that private candidates can get a hope certificate from a board office? what is a board office for a level private candidates?
A hope certificate kind of provides an assurance that the student will get 60% or above marks. In case you are a private student, you'll have to provide an Affidavit .(To be notarized on Rs. 20/- Stamp Paper). I'm not sure if it a Rs 20 stamp paper, call them (UHS) and check.