• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts; Economics; Business; Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What are cash and carry wholesalers?
See, basically wholesalers are responsible for the delivery of goods to SSR (small scale retailers). But, there has been recent changes in wholesaling.
Cash and carry wholesalers offer neither credit nor delivery services to SSR.

Geddit? :]

Reaction score
Thanks
When is an advice, quotation, and invoice given?
Advice? Please! -_-

Quotation - It is sent to the buyer by the seller to inform about goods and their types in response to the letter of enquiry. A catalogue and price list is often sent along with the quotation. (I hope you know what a 'letter of enquiry' is.)

Invoice - It is sent by the seller to the buyer to make financial claim of all the goods bought. In simple, it's the total bill of goods bought.

Reaction score
Advice? Please! -_-

Quotation - It is sent to the buyer by the seller to inform about goods and their types in response to the letter of enquiry. A catalogue and price list is often sent along with the quotation. (I hope you know what a 'letter of enquiry' is.)

Invoice - It is sent by the seller to the buyer to make financial claim of all the goods bought. In simple, it's the total bill of goods bought.
Sorry advice note

Thanks

Reaction score
What happened, can't anyone answer my SIMPLE questions?
This thread is SOOOOO dead as compared to the Sciences thread
Cash and carry wholesalers are the ones small retailers can buy in small quantities. But they provide no credit facilities. It's useful for small level retailers who would wanto save costs, no Delivery service is provided.

I dont remember the answer to this question but its very easy- it's written down in the Mary trig well jones book. Use that. The book is very good. Just read the key points and got an A in commerce using that!
Sorry I can answer the second question aswell but don't wanto risk it man

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Commerce (7100)/7100_s07_qp_1.pdf
Question no. 19
Why can't it be C. Isn't a trade journal published internationally?
Yes you are right it can be advertised internationally using trade magazines but generally this is not the case. In this case you just have to remember what a trade journal is. A trade journal is where businesses in a small industry advertise it's products. For example, if you are selling special kinds of microscopes for highly educated scientists (just an example) why on earth would you wanto advertise it on tv and waste so much money, why would a farmer watching tv want to know about microscopes? The scientists would read the microscope magazines that will give them detailed information about your products and similar products, which easy for both the retailer and the buyer!
Got it?

Reaction score
Okay somebody help me too pahleeeez.
6000 bank
Stock 500
Loan 3500

Owners capital is assets minus liabilities right?
Answer 3000 (I got this bit)

Capital employed =
Answer in the solved PP is 3000 + 3500 = 6500
Why is this? Capital employed does not have long term liabilities added to it in the financed by section of the balance sheet :O

Reaction score
Cash and carry wholesalers are the ones small retailers can buy in small quantities. But they provide no credit facilities. It's useful for small level retailers who would wanto save costs, no Delivery service is provided.

I dont remember the answer to this question but its very easy- it's written down in the Mary trig well jones book. Use that. The book is very good. Just read the key points and got an A in commerce using that!

^lol don't get annoyed. The poor lad is from the science section. Treat him nicely :)

Yes you are right it can be advertised internationally using trade magazines but generally this is not the case. In this case you just have to remember what a trade journal is. A trade journal is where businesses in a small industry advertise it's products. For example, if you are selling special kinds of microscopes for highly educated scientists (just an example) why on earth would you wanto advertise it on tv and waste so much money, why would a farmer watching tv want to know about microscopes? The scientists would read the microscope magazines that will give them detailed information about your products and similar products, which easy for both the retailer and the buyer!
Got it?

Thanks alot bro (y)

Reaction score

Correction: SSR's buy in large quantities from cash and carry wholesalers. That's what differentiates them from the other wholesalers.

Plus, in my day, I used that blue book by Betsy li. A thorough reading of that book could get you A*. The book which you are talking about, is H.U.G.E! Too big for a baby subject like commerce. :p

Reaction score
Correction: SSR's buy in large quantities from cash and carry wholesalers. That's what differentiates them from the other wholesalers.

Plus, in my day, I used that blue book by Betsy li. A thorough reading of that book could get you A*. The book which you are talking about, is H.U.G.E! Too big for a baby subject like commerce. :p
Oh okay.
Did you take accounts? Could you help me with my question? :)

Reaction score
What is the difference between underwriters and insurers?

Underwriters and insurance companies work together to issue property, life, health, casualty and other types of insurance policies. However, underwriters and insurance companies each have different roles in insuring businesses and individuals. The term underwriter is used to describe an individual who is responsible for determining the risks involved in issuing an insurance policy while the insurer is a person or company that contracts to indemnify another in the event of loss or damage.

What are cash and carry wholesalers?

Although Cookie Monster already explained it very well, I am breaking it down to its simplest form since you are from science group.

Wholesalers are businesses which buy from manufacturers and send to retailers (or sometimes other wholesalers). Theme is: they sell to parties other then final consumers of products. They are the "middlemen." Cash and Carry businesses are those that do not offer credit and delivery. You pay the cash and settle the bill then and there, and carry the goods yourself. Their is no invoicing. Now merge the two definitions and you get cash and carry wholesalers. These are people (more likely, businesses) that have a warehouse set up with cash and carry wholesale business.

It is usually through a cash and carry wholesaler that a small retailer can get the products it needs to keep going in difficult times or at the time of start up. The self-service aspect and cash payment means that prices are usually lower than wholesalers that make deliveries and invoices.