• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 ECONOMICS: Guess Paper-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Use quantity theory of money ...
where money supply is directly related to average price level...
And that V & Y are directly related to the money supply
Hence the output will be the difference between them
Keynesians believe that and increase in money supply causes and increase in output (hence it shld be a positive output)
thanks,really appreciate the effort.Didn't understand much though,will practice some more to get the hang of it.

Reaction score
Thats a relief :D

Sir could u summarise on the basic keynasian/monetarist beliefs of how the economy works, please? Qamar Baloch

Or somebody else?

Well that's what I know
Keynesians believe that:
- Markets do not clear and are slow to adjust, eg. labour market. This means the economy can settle in equilibrium below full employment, so cyclical or involuntary unemployment exists.
- the Government should intervene to stabilise the economy
-fiscal policy is more effective than monetary policy
- inflation is often cause by cost push factors

Monetarists believe that:
- that inflations is due to the money supply growing faster than output growth. Reducing the rate of growth of the money supply will lead to less inflation without more unemployment (in the long run)
- prices and wages change quite quickly. so the economy tends to move towards full employment
- inflation makes firms incompetitive, discourages investment, and so governments must control inflation. To do this they must control the money supply. Apart from this, the government should intervene very little.
- Markets adjust fairly quickly. An increase in the money supply amd therefore demand will lead to some fall in unemployment in the short run. Similarly, a sharp reduction in the money supply may cause unemployment in the short run.

Reaction score
h
2. question .... for $6 there wld be a marginal utility of 12...Hence...then u need to find the units with the difference of 12
Hence D...5 units...because it gave rise to 12 more units :D
thank u. how about no. 23?

Reaction score
h
thank u. how about no. 23?

use the concept of credit multiplier here. Just divide 200 by 20% this will give you the total bank deposits. Out of the 1000 bank will be able to generate loans from 800 since 200 was provided by u. So deposit as a whole increase by 1000 and bank loan by 800.

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am correct but this method helped me get the correct answer.The economy wants to reach 50k million and at the moment is operating at 40k m.This means it requires another 10k m to reach the 50k m.The multiplier formula is 1/mpc,so add all the leakages,it comes up to 0.5.
1/0.5=2. Now divide the required value for increment to 50k m which is 10k m and divide by it 2.The answer will be 5k m and so therefore since the govt spending was 15k m,it will increase by 5k m and therefore be 20k m.
Not sure about this method but I hope you understood it.

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am correct but this method helped me get the correct answer.The economy wants to reach 50k million and at the moment is operating at 40k m.This means it requires another 10k m to reach the 50k m.The multiplier formula is 1/mpc,so add all the leakages,it comes up to 0.5.
1/0.5=2. Now divide the required value for increment to 50k m which is 10k m and divide by it 2.The answer will be 5k m and so therefore since the govt spending was 15k m,it will increase by 5k m and therefore be 20k m.
thanks!

Reaction score
sonamali said:

Check this out, naheelnisar, its a similar question

Reaction score
Can some one send me a link of 2002 oct/nov ppr3 marking scheme plzzz !
And is there mauy/june ppr3 anywhere ?

Reaction score
Sir Please explain this question
Q)To increase its labour force from 50 to 51 workers, a firm has to increase the daily wage rate from
$600 to $610.
What is the marginal cost of labour per day?
A $10 B $510 C $610 D $1110

Reaction score
Sir Please explain this question
Q)To increase its labour force from 50 to 51 workers, a firm has to increase the daily wage rate from
$600 to $610.
What is the marginal cost of labour per day?
A $10 B $510 C $610 D $1110

It will be the difference between the old wage paid and the new wage paid

(51*610) - (50*600) = 1110

Status
Not open for further replies.