• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A levle urdu 9686 HELP required

Reaction score
Anyone who has taken A level urdu (pakistan syllabus 9686) ,..plz provide some information.

Plz provide me your notes ( i mean the essays and critics you wrote) , I just want them as a sample.
How to solve paper 4? Am I understanding it right that we have to solve 3 out of 12 total questions in P4
Which type of notes are allowed to be taken in examination hall?

Reaction score
I need the notes too man. Paper 04 requires an extra effort to land an A

Reaction score
Reaction score
And no, we have to do 3 out of total 6 questions.
1 from section 1 (nazmein or ghazal)
1 from section 2(amrao, anarkali or afasana)
and
1 from either section.
If for example, you choose to attempt Anarkali, then also you have to do only 1 part (alif or bay), not both.
And the recommended book from the Cie is A levels urdu by Syed Nadeem Jafar, I think you'll only be able to take this in the exam with you.

Reaction score
And no, we have to do 3 out of total 6 questions.
1 from section 1 (nazmein or ghazal)
1 from section 2(amrao, anarkali or afasana)
and
1 from either section.
If for example, you choose to attempt Anarkali, then also you have to do only 1 part (alif or bay), not both.
And the recommended book from the Cie is A levels urdu by Syed Nadeem Jafar, I think you'll only be able to take this in the exam with you.
I have that book by Syed Nadeem Jaffar but that contains Tashreeh also, I dont think that would be allowed. And if there is Nadeem Jafar's book without tashreeh, tell me plz.

Reaction score
No. It is allowed, we can take idea from that written tashreeh (or just copy that as it is). But it is advised to write in our own words.

Reaction score
No. It is allowed, we can take idea from that written tashreeh (or just copy that as it is). But it is advised to write in our own words.
but u know on the paper, it is written "un-annotated notes allowed in exam room". I wonder how would Tashreeh book be allowed? because that is what we have to write. By the way, are you sure about Tashreeh book? Did u consult any teacher about it?

Reaction score
Yes, im sure, its been this way since the beginning. And un-annotated means without any 'hand-written notes or comments', so dont write anything on that book which you will take in the exam, not even an underline.

Reaction score
What essay topics are you choosing btw?
Here are some essay writing tips and topics for 2015 syllabus
urduskills.com/?page_id=108

Reaction score
Yes, im sure, its been this way since the beginning. And un-annotated means without any 'hand-written notes or comments', so dont write anything on that book which you will take in the exam, not even an underline.
OMG...its just unbelievable. Then why does CIE ask us such questions ? which can be simply copied and pasted from book

Reaction score
What essay topics are you choosing btw?
Here are some essay writing tips and topics for 2015 syllabus
urduskills.com/?page_id=108
Till now, I've practiced for Rozgar and Be-rozgari, Techonology, Seht or tandrusti and currently, I'm practicing for "Qanoon", that seems debatable and one can put on much mature sentences I think

Reaction score
We have to 'analyze' the questions, its all about expressing our views about the question. I really recommend you to watch these videos about the basics of Paper 4, this will really clear your doubts about everything regarding paper 4.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73251B0221F3DAF3
good, its really helpful.
What essay topics are you choosing? Can u share any of your essay, I just wanna get an idea about the "level" required..if u can..:p

Reaction score
Could you please tell me if "Yasmin Nighat Shah's" Nigaarstaane Urdu" is allowed in the exam hall. If not please mention a list of books you know are allowed. Your help will be highly appreciated.