• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A-Levels Equivalence

Reaction score
I am appearing from UAE. Therefore, no I have not done Islamiyat or Pak Studies :/
These were my subs in O levels:
English, English Lit., Business=A*
Bio, Chem, Maths=A
Phy=B

For A levels
Bio & Phy=D
CHem=E
Maths=B

Medicine!

*The thing is I have resat Bio & Chem AS again so Im waiting for the new results.
YOU MUST GIVE ALEVELS FROM UAE.

YOU CANT GIVE ALEVELS FROM PAKISTAN
SINCE YOU HAVENT GIVEN PAKSTUDIES OR ISLAMIAT

IM NOT SURE WHETHER YOU COULD THEN APPLY TO LOCAL SEATS. I DONT THINK THAT YOU CAN (CONFIRM THIS)
for local candidates you pay rs. 30,000 annually
for foreign you pay rs. 10 lakh annually (usd 10,000)

Reaction score
This just proves that I was using the formula wrong because I got 75% for O levels :/
I suppose you didn't do the AS-Levels because I haven't completed A-levels yet?

In any case, thanks a lot! I appreciate it :)

IM NOT SURE WHETHER YOU COULD THEN APPLY TO LOCAL SEATS. I DONT THINK THAT YOU CAN (CONFIRM THIS)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

I'm sorry but the information highlighted in red is wrong!

Reaction score
you sure? what is wrong applying on local seats? Or are the fees wrong?

I was referring to government medical colleges

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
you sure? what is wrong applying on local seats? Or are the fees wrong?

I was referring to government medical colleges
110% sure.

He can obtain his equivalence, just like any local student, and take admission in any government college if his marks are good enough.

Reaction score
I never said he cant take admission

I was talking about applying on local seats

Reaction score
Okay. I had written before in the post ""(cofirm this)"" to emphasize my uncertainty

thanks for clearing my doubt

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you guys! I really appreciate your help.

Of course, I'm going to complete my A-Levels from here (UAE) itself :)
& I'm going to have to apply on a foreign seat :/ I heard they lower foreign students' marks? What a bummer!

Thanks again! :D

Reaction score
Ok, so I saw your earlier post.

I'd like to ask one thing, any of your A*s before june 2010? And in that case, was it GCE O'level that you appeared or IGCSE?

And well, your marks are calculated out of 800 [OR 500 if you appear for O and A Level exams from abroad] and then equivalent out of 900 is calculated. In other words, 900 is set as a standard total.

GCE O'level it was. And i gave it in Pakistan- not abroad. all of the grades mentioned are in June 11-12. Oh so you the earlier calculation you did is correct then? han? Are you confirm NED will also take this equivalence?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

& I'm going to have to apply on a foreign seat :/ I heard they lower foreign students' marks? What a bummer!

They don't lower the marks. Don't worry. You'll get approximately the marks calculated. It depends on your final aggregate and the merit.

Ofcourse, if you wish, you can apply on the foreign seat, but still do apply on the local seat too...who knows you ace the entry test and get on local basis.

Note that, you'll have to appear for SAT Subject Test for Chemistry, Physics and Maths[if engineering] or Biology [if medical] Also note, in one session, you are allowed to give 3 subjects for SAT.

Reaction score
They don't lower the marks. Don't worry. You'll get approximately the marks calculated. It depends on your final aggregate and the merit.

Ofcourse, if you wish, you can apply on the foreign seat, but still do apply on the local seat too...who knows you ace the entry test and get on local basis.

Note that, you'll have to appear for SAT Subject Test for Chemistry, Physics and Maths[if engineering] or Biology [if medical] Also note, in one session, you are allowed to give 3 subjects for SAT.

That's definitely a relief then! Are you a medical student? :)
Also, do universities in Pakistan accept SAT grades after admissions? Like can there be a deal ie if you score this much in your SATs, you can have your seat CONFIRMED? Or do you have to give your SAT scores at the time you apply to the universities?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
That's definitely a relief then! Are you a medical student? :)
Also, do universities in Pakistan accept SAT grades after admissions? Like can there be a deal ie if you score this much in your SATs, you can have your seat CONFIRMED? Or do you have to give your SAT scores at the time you apply to the universities?

No there's nothing like that. They usually have a deadline for submission of SAT Scores.

It's better you give it in the coming January [I think it's on 29th]. One month is enough I think. Not sure if registrations are still open. In case, you don't get good marks, you can give it again in like June.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
GCE O'level it was. And i gave it in Pakistan- not abroad. all of the grades mentioned are in June 11-12. Oh so you the earlier calculation you did is correct then? han? Are you confirm NED will also take this equivalence?

Yes.

I don't know about NED, but from what I heard, they do require equivalence.

Reaction score

Yep, in fact they care about foreign students more than local students, money talks. . .

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, in fact they care about foreign students more than local students, money talks. . .
I'm sorry, I think you didn't get what he meant.

He meant that, since he's coming from abroad, when making equivalence etc, they'll deduct/ lower the marks, that he won't be able to apply as local [as he won't be able to come on merit].

And that's wrong. He can surely apply, depending on the grades he gets and his performance in the entry test.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I think you didn't get what he meant.

He meant that, since he's coming from abroad, when making equivalence etc, they'll deduct/ lower the marks, that he won't be able to apply as local [as he won't be able to come on merit].

And that's wrong. He can surely apply, depending on the grades he gets and his performance in the entry test.

I'm not even commenting on whether he intends or gets to apply as a local or foreign students (since some of my friends who did O/A levels from abroad without Pak studies and Islamiat and hence applied on foreign seats), I was making a general comment that due to the higher tuition fees charged for foreign seats institutes like to see foreign students more than local students because ultimately money determines their operating revenue. . .

Reaction score
guys please convert my marks im in real trouble, i scored 3A's 3B's and 2D's in O levels and in A levels i scored 1A and 2b's please convert them and tell me that i am eligible to apply in a good engineering university?

Reaction score
guys please convert my marks im in real trouble, i scored 3A's 3B's and 2D's in O levels and in A levels i scored 1A and 2b's please convert them and tell me that i am eligible to apply in a good engineering university?

O level : 663.75/900 73.75%
A level : 825/1100 75%